Your Thoughts: Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular on ABC

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
For those who are interested, the special will also be airing on VH1 later this week ...and, if that's not soon enough for you, it's currently on Netflix (...I mean, really? Disney can't be bothered to dig up one of the old specials and, at the very least, make any of those available for streaming? We have to settle for this? Okay. :sigh:)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just some random info: On the VH1 airing, they cut out all the into and outros from Tom Kane, including the part where Pepe, Fozzie and Kermit show the trailer for MMW. So the blooper with Fozzie and Pepe doesn't make sense anymore. Also when the logos come up, there's no announcement, so we can hear what they said. GAGA: So what do we do now? KERMIT: I don't know. How about we grab a bite?

PuppetMad

Reaction score
I will be watching this on Sunday when Channel 5 show it here in the U.K, i'm looking forward to seeing it as we have very little Muppet things shown on British t.v. I do hope not as bad as some of you are saying, and hope it gets good ratings so maybe more U.K networks will take a chance on things like this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I will be watching this on Sunday when Channel 5 show it here in the U.K, i'm looking forward to seeing it as we have very little Muppet things shown on British t.v.
Wait, really? I thought you guys had a number of different Henson series over there that were exclusive to the U.K., no?

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Watching what was billed as The Muppets And Lady Gaga At Christmas, the Muppets did seem to be an after thought for most of the show, really just popping up as support for Gaga. That said it had a few funny moments and the outtakes were fun ( espeicialy Pepe getting carried away with himself and Gaga), what ever the main consensus it was nice to see the Muppets on tv even if it was briefly

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It seemed like two specials weirdly meshed together. I felt they were really going for the "of course they're high as a kite" EM thing, moreso than usual, anyway. I liked the touches like backstage/dressing room conversations.

Would still rather see Miss Piggy on RuPaul's Drag Race...