Video: Crack Master Sesame Street animation

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Crack Master is not in as much as this as I had expected. Couldn't they have just removed that part from the segment and continued airing the rest for years?

Of course this is a little different than I had expected. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention when reading the descriptions online, but I was under the impression that the same grouping of cracks formed multiple animal shapes (and the Crack Master). But here they are all different crack outlines. And most of them just look more like squiggly drawings than characters formed by cracks. We do see cracks form a camel, and the Crack Master sort of looks like like he's made from cracks, but it looks like the others were just drawn in squiggly lines. I feel like all of the animals, not just the camel, should have started out as inanimate cracks that then form into the shapes of animals.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Crack Master is not in as much as this as I had expected. Couldn't they have just removed that part from the segment and continued airing the rest for years?
I don't think removing the Crack Master would have done much good, or would have made the skit make sense (as little as it does, anyway).

I wonder... it would be kinda funny if this skit was pulled from the Unfortunate Implications of an African American girl being in a cracked up, shabby house. That is reading far too much into it, though.

Actually... would be even funnier if they pulled this because someone thought it would encourage kids to punch holes in their walls.

wiley207

Reaction score
Keeping with the Christmas theme, in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger's character of "Jingle All the Way"...
"YES! ... YES!!!"

I was expecting the Crack Master to have a more deep, menacing voice, and more close-ups of said cracks.
Now I need to update my "Sesame Street Thriller" music video :big_grin:

wiley207

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt that the animator intended that part to be scary, unlike "Mysterious Theater"...

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is pretty surreal, but not as scary as I thought it would be. I agree in that this was most likely lost than banned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Someone has to have the exact number of animated segments produced for Sesame Street. It's got to be mind boggling. Not that there couldn't have been some parental complaints to get this pulled, but Sesame Street has done worse, scarier (usually unintentionally) things. I'd say it's more a matter of they have all these animated segments that test better or just resonate with the audience more.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Thanks for uploading, :smile:. I was looking for this for a year. It was definently, creepy, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't get the whole banning thing, <_>.

wiley207

Reaction score
And of course I couldn't resist being the first to make a YouTube Poop of it!
(Someone requested this among alerting me of the segment's availability!)