TV Alert: ABC Family's Muppet Movie Marathon Sunday January 5

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Wow im shocked and kinda disappointed cutting out good parts from TMM and TM2011, and no MMW promos to be seen wow ABC

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Despite the cuts and missing scenes, I did actually enjoy today's Muppet movie marathon. Would definitely sign up for a cinematic version like what they did in the UK for TM if they did it here in PR for MMW's debut. :fanatic:

Schfifty

Reaction score
So I watched The Muppet Movie and The Muppets, and I wasn't surprised with how they turned out.

TMM was exciting to watch again after several years. I understand that ABC Family has to trim their movies to fit the schedule, but I really wish they didn't replace the movie's credits with simple white-text-on-black-background credits. If I wanted to see TMM's original credits, I'd have to watch the movie on my home video copy or on YouTube.

I wasn't too surprised with the edits in The Muppets. I could sort of tolerate the removal of Tex Richman's song since I'm not that familiar with it. I was REALLY looking forward to Walter's nail-biting scream that was unfortunately taken out. I didn't even notice that the scene with the Muppets sleeping in hammocks was removed, which should not have been edited out.

Overall, this was a great attempt for ABC Family to bring the Muppets to their channel. Although I didn't watch Muppet Treasure Island or The Muppets Take Manhattan, I give the marathon a 7 out of 10.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
So, is it likely that the DC airing will feature the same edits?