When you need to rant...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I use normal AdBlock (for Chrome) and I never have any issues with it, except for Hulu, but whatever. The rest of the Internet is fine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My exact issue.

Just that one site, and just with that specific ad series. I think there may have been one other time, but ... words can't describe the horror of having to sit through those freaking commercials in a fruitless effort to get to the video... aw heck... I'll rant about those.

First is this one where the joke is some tough redneck stereotype looking guy is holding some overly fluffy dog and calling him "Mr. Tickles" and saying "cattywumpus." Hilarious... :rolleyes:

Then there's this one where the joke is Napoleon and some 50's era painting of a woman standing next to a car sing "She'll be coming Round the Mountain." Really... that's the joke. They sing "She'll be coming Round the Mountain." Get it? Because it's a song that has horses in one of the verses and the picture of Napoleon is riding a horse?

Then there's a dark one where some Victorian era picture of a boy answers a question wrong about how much Geico can save you, and this weird caricature of Sigmund Freud sics pterodactyls on him. Now, this one could have been funny in a Family Guy Cutscene or something sort of way... but to give you an idea how amazingly bad they botched these commercials up, this comes of far more disturbing. If they were trying for dark humor, they got it half right. Just not the humor part.

And there's also some stupid one that involves a "Hang in there" Cat poster which is completely unremarkable.

Now, I've seen bad commercials before. The Axe ad with the horrifying Chocolate man, the lame attempt at self deprecating humor from Head-On! (side note, the only time I respect someone shouting Head-On! is the opening of Transformers Headmasters...song's actually really catchy), and I swear there was a commercial who's jingle was "Wellpatch, it brings you back to Wellpatch" which makes no freaking sense at all and someone was paid to write. Even the insufferable ads for the different stuffed animals that do something (Worst one yet, Glow Pets).... NONE of them compare to how completely pee poor these Geico ads are. They're the worst commercials I have ever seen period and whoever made them should be blacklisted from the advertising business.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I keep getting assaulted by this Verizon ad with this irritating singer about how he guy always wanting more stuff and wailing "I want it, I want it, I want it RITE NAO!!11!1!!" at the end.

It's past Christmas! Go away already! :boo:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I use normal AdBlock (for Chrome) and I never have any issues with it, except for Hulu, but whatever. The rest of the Internet is fine.
Yeah, when I installed Chrome recently I got hit with an influx of constant ads on every single page. Using AdBlock was the perfect choice I could have made. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I keep getting assaulted by this Verizon ad with this irritating singer about how he guy always wanting more stuff and wailing "I want it, I want it, I want it RITE NAO!!11!1!!" at the end.

It's past Christmas! Go away already! :boo:
That one was on every single commercial break last night. Yeah. Christmas is over, even by the 12 days standard. Why the heck is this sticking around? On the plus side, A) that annoying luxury car commercial with that dorky woman dressed as an elf saying "Wur gunna need a bicker buckkckkcket" is long gone. and B) Special K isn't calling women who gained like 3 pounds over Christmas big fat old men to sell cereal this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why the heck is this sticking around?
Probably the same reason why TBS still acts like they just added THE BIG BANG THEORY to their roster of shows even though they've been playing it for 2-3 years now, and feel the need to shout it out almost every single commercial break, "Yeah! TBS has THE BIG BANG THEORY, and we air it like fifty times a week, can you name any other network that does that?" Uh, yeah... the other networks that also play BBT like WB and the CW...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably the same reason why TBS still acts like they just added THE BIG BANG THEORY to their roster of shows even though they've been playing it for 2-3 years now, and feel the need to shout it out almost every single commercial break, "Yeah! TBS has THE BIG BANG THEORY, and we air it like fifty times a week, can you name any other network that does that?" Uh, yeah... the other networks that also play BBT like WB and the CW...
We were specifically talking about a Christmas themed advert. It makes perfect sense that network would praise reruns of a show that's in reruns elsewhere. I don't see why some commercial with a clear expiration date of after Christmas is still hanging around.

Maybe it's some sale that didn't end yet or something. Or something to do with people waiting to spend gift cards?

But I'm shocked that Special K isn't kicking off the "resolution" season by shaming women into eating their cereal by comparing a relatively thin woman to Santy Claus. I guess they got one too many angry letters or something. Now they're doing some hope based advert that seems a little less... well.. thinspirational.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I don't get. How come when it comes to internet piracy, the governments of the world is a powerhouse to be reckoned with, but when it comes to a bunch of nasty dorks that have nothing but time to program malicious coding to destroy private citizen computers... especially these automatic ones that can never be turned off or stopped mind you... they're more incompetent than Inspector Gadget and slower than a slug in molasses?

I dunno.. isn't this sort of thing...well... completely illegal?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh my... I'm... speechless... I'm baffled... I'm dumbfounded...

I actually cannot believe that it's now politically incorrect to say, "Politically correct"... apparently, it's even now politically incorrect to say, "Politically incorrect," we now have to say, "Politically sensitive" and, "Politically insensitive." What has this world come to? How much more uber-sensitive and overly offended can people today get?