A Very Muppet Double Sided Christmas

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A Very Muppet Double Sided Christmas!

Summary: It seems like a standard Christmas rehearsal at the Muppet theater. Until a strange group of vaguely familiar people get snowed in with the Muppets. And questions and confusion erupt.

Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING AT ALL!!

Author’s Note: Ok so, this is a previous idea I’ve had before, but I wasn’t happy with the previous version. So I decided to rewrite it into something similar but a little different. And I realize that this is a...well...a different type of story. But I thought I'd try and post it, just to see what people thought. constructive criticism only please! Try to have an open mind!

Ch.1

“That was great everyone! Really nice!!” Kermit shouted out as the small group finished rehearsing the final act for their Christmas special with guest star ‘Mickey Rooney’ Looked around the stage at all his friends very thankful to have them as Fozzie spoke up smoothing out his Christmas sweater

“This is great, where going to have the best Christmas ever!” Gonzo smiled as the group gathered on the stage as Scooter brought out a tray of homemade cookies and fudge, “We sure will boss! And look my Aunt sent her famous holiday treats for us!”

Kermit patted him on the shoulder “that was so nice of her Scooter.” Bringing out a few chairs the small group, which included Fozzie, Scooter, Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and The Electric Mayhem, all decided to stay for a while longer and talk. “Like your solo will be totally sweet Zoot!” Janice exclaimed in excitement to Zoot who blushed from him spot on the floor.

Floyd laughed clapping him on the shoulder as he kept an eye on animal who was gobbling up a cookie “AH!! You embarrassed him babe!” watching the groups interaction Kermit chuckled as Miss Piggy scooted closer to him “Kermy dear…we should go try to find some mistletoe for vou and moue.”

Going wide eyed Kermit chuckled nervously in slight embarrassment as Rowlf and Fozzie snorted looking away to avoid the pigs wrath, lost in the warmth and peace of the twenty third of December, with the lights and the snow outside the group felt so close. Like nothing could ever go wrong, like this moment would never end, until Scooter stopped his in depth conversation with Fozzie as he stood up abruptly starring out at the audience pit and asked in slight fear.

“Boss…What’s that?” at the suddenness of this strange question the group stood up slowly walking across the stage. For what they saw was a dull light that seemed to come out of the wall in the back of the theater.

“what is that Kermit?” Fozzie asked backing up as the light grew in intensity. Trying to think logically Kermit spoke not wanting everyone to grow scared and freak out “It’s probably just the lighting.”

But as the group watched it slowly became aware that it wasn’t the lighting as Dr. Teeth pointed out “Frog boss, that ain’t the wiring.” as the intensity of the situation grew the group screamed in horror as a large bus suddenly careened into the middle of the theater out of nowhere.

“RUN!!! EVERYBODY OUTTA THE WAY!!!” in record speed the Muppets ran across the stage as the bus crashed through rows of velvet red seats before it turned suddenly as the driver tried in vain to not hit the stage but the Muppets stared in horror and fear as the bus hit the orchestra’s pit and turned over.

Everyone was silent for a moment trying to absorb what just happened. No one spoke as they turned to look at Kermit waiting for his leadership. The frog looked around at all his friends before he let out a nervous disbelief laugh and started forward “It’s alright everyone…we’ll sort this out. But we have to make sure no one was hurt.”

They slowly walked across the stage but stopped as the emergency hatch fell open and a thin average heighted man stumbled out. Taking a few steps back the man ran a hand through his dark brown hair as he stared at the over turned bus, as though he were in shock. The poor guy was pale and shaky.

“Look a man’s getting out!” Rowlf whispered in a low shout, Kermit nodded “Poor guy looks so spooked.” Fozzie pointed out speaking up “look, someone else is climbing out!” Sure enough, a second man climbed out, wearing a dull green winter coat, and a purple scarf. But because he had his hood up the Muppets couldn’t see his face.

“THAT WAS SO COOL!!! We HAVE to try that again!” the mystery man shouted pumping his fist in the air. The first man clenched both fists and leaned forward in anger as he shouted “THIS ISN’T FUNNY GONZO!!!!” the Muppets jumped in surprise as Gonzo chuckled “Hey he has my name, cool!” thinking that made sense the Muppets continued to watch as more people climbed out of the bus.

' There was a tall thin woman with shoulder length straight blond hair, big lips wearing a Christmas themed sweater that hung off one shoulder. Then another man with long red hair tied back, with a thick mustache he wore a green hat dark blue jeans and a jean jacket. The first thing this man did was hug the blond in what looked like a loving embrace.

Next was a chunky bald man with round glasses and a white lab coat over a brown button up sweater. The Muppets noticed how he put a hand over his mouth and detached himself from his friends. Afterwards was a tall thin man with a pure white complexion, a narrow face, long nose, dark sunglasses blue hat and shoulder length curly blue hair. He wore a white long sleeved button up, black jeans and a colorful shawl wrapped around his shoulders.

The Muppets exchanged looks all thinking the same thing; the more people that exited the bus the more eerily familiar they grew. But wanting not to freak out, no one said anything as they elected to continue to watch hopping for a logical explanation.

The blue haired man tripped on his way out apparently distraught, the red headed man jumped forward and wrapped his arm around him to steady his friend. The strangers weren’t talking very loud for the Muppets to hear, but they could at least see the interactions between them all. The strangers seemed to look around confused as they spoke to each other, the Muppets where about to walk forward when the blond jumped and shrieked “LIKE OH NO!!! EUGENE AND CALLY!!!”

the red headed man grew wide eyed before he bolted back onto the bus, he was gone for a second before he returned literally doubled over in laughter. Having gotten closer the Muppets could clearly hear the conversation “Oh Man! That’s to good! He’s got a death grip on you!”

A new voice suddenly erupted in an irritated voice from the bus “OW!!! OWWW! AH! GET THIS FELINE DEMON OFF ME!!!” suddenly a new man stumbled out of the bus, shaking his left leg vigorously to detach a very angry fluffy calico cat. This man was lean with long legs and shortish loose red hair half-moon pink glasses small diamond earing’s, a brown jean coat, tight blue pants and floral scarf.

This man seemed very much decorated. Clenching his teeth the new man leaned back on the bus as he let out a string of profanities. The other red haired man continued to laugh now holding onto the blond who rolled her eyes.

The man being mauled by the angry cat shot him a glare and snapped in a sassy tone “Either help me of clam up Pepper!” The blue haired man sighed and walked over to the cat man. Leaning over the man gently scratched the cat behind his ears, calming down the cat jumped off and onto the mellower man’s shoulder where he perched himself on the blue haired guys shoulders and purred satisfied.

“Aw man he tore my jeans!” the long red haired man spun on his heal and sneered “He had his nails dug right into you and all your worried about is a pair of pants?”

The other red haired man responded with a scoff “these are fifty dollar jeans!” before the two could continue to argue the first meek man stepped forward holding up both hands “Alright everyone! Alright! First of all is everyone ok?” his response was disgruntled yes’s, as the cat man scoffed sliding down to sit on the floor “Define ok boss man, my bus is totaled.”

Sending him a sympathetic smile the meek man took charge easily as he stepped up on a chair to do roll call “Ok, is everyone hear?” The Muppets went pale as the situation grew even more eerie and scary, they were each to shocked with what came next to even breath. The strangers all looked around nodding as the meek man called out getting a response with each name he called out “I’m here, Gonzo’s hear, Janice?”

The blond nodded, “like yeah.”

“Ok, um, Zoot?”

The blue haired man held up a hand answering in a quiet voice “Here”

“Floyd?” the long haired man threw an arm up “Sure am Kerm.”

Fozzie shrugged nervously, whipping his face with his tie “m-maybe…it’s just coincident.” The Muppets hoped he was right as the meek man dubbed Kerm, continued roll call. “Bunsen!”

The man in the lab coat held one hand up not making eye contact with anyone.

With a slight huff Kerm continued “And Dr. Teeth?”

The once cat man jumped up with a large grin and he spoke loudly showing off a brilliant tooth of gold, “Could of saved yourself time by just calling us the Electric Mayhem as it is Kermit my dear man!”

Letting out as shaky laugh Kermit of the Muppet’s passed out being caught by Fozzie, As the Electric Mayhem Muppets all exchanged looks of disbelief all freaking out slightly not wanting to believe what they were seeing and all wanting to get to the bottom of this elaborate mystery.

A/N: Well that's the first chapter! Um...comment and let me know what you think...should I continue?

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: Alright, here is chapter 2! Hope you all like it! Comment please!​
Ch. 2

H Kermit jumped down from his seat as he tried to remain calm to retain order, “Ok now, I would personally like to know what happened?” he turned to H Dr. Teeth who rubbed the back of his neck, they were all un aware of the Muppets listing to them,

“I don’t know! I mean one minutes I’m going five miles an hour in a blizzard! Trying to find my way back home! The next where crashing through some theater!” H Kermit sighed rubbing his temple “Our location in the blizzard wasn’t anywhere near a theater. We must have been lost.” H Janice spoke up sounding frightened “then why isn’t there any damage to the like walls?”

Turning slowly the group went pale in shock as they tried to think of why there wasn’t any damage. “M-maybe…um…we…” H Kermit tried to think of a reason but ended up trailing off not sure of what to say. H Floyd sighed in distress rubbing the back of his neck “Well I gotta know, what happened?!”

just as he said this a new voice spoke up from behind him “That’s what we’d like to know.” Spinning around the group gasped in shock as they looked down at the group of Muppets. Jumping back H Floyd shouted as his group gathered around him, “Who are you!” M Kermit spoke in a gentle voice not wanting anyone to grow to upset, “In all fairness we have the right to know that in priority as this is our theater.”

H Kermit stepped forward “I think we should start at the beginning. Well we were all driving up to Windom to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Floyd here picked up a cat that was for sale to give to Animal, and on the way home the weather was getting really bad. We got a little lost; there was an explosion and the next thing I knew we were crashing through this theater.”

H Janice shivered “Like it was so scary, came out of nowhere.” H Floyd wrapped an arm around her, as H Kermit shrugged “But I have no idea how we got here.” Just as the Muppets where about to speak Bunsen stepped forward “I believe I can shed some light on this.”

Everyone stepped aside to listen to him, Bunsen took a deep breath before he started “Well to start with, it was quite a long trip up to Windom, so I decided to bring my latest invention with me. It took some work but I didn’t mind and-”

Miss Piggy groaned “Get to the point already!” Bunsen jumped rubbing his hands together “Yes, well, my invention was designed to allow me to look into other dimensions. The theory has always been around but I wanted to see if it was actually true. But just as I was testing it out, it…I must have miscalculated.” H Dr. Teeth snapped “And!!” looking very uncomfortable Bunsen finished “Instead it transported us…here.”

It was eerily silent for a moment before the whole theater erupted “YOU DID WHAT!!!?” “How could you be so stupid!!?” “You could have killed us!!” “Look at my bus!!” “I can’t believe this!” “HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET HOME!!!?”

-As all this arguing was happening elsewhere in a different universe a familiar family of friends where trying not to worry-

The plan was for everyone to be together on Christmas. So the almost entire cast from the “Muppet” show where all staying at Kermit’s large Victorian house for the holidays, not everyone could make it, due to their own plans for the holidays, where he lived with his girlfriend Pamela, and his ten year old nephew Robin.

It was seven thirty at night and almost everyone was sitting around a fire in the sitting room, Fozzie a tall man with short sandy brown curly hair and hazel eyes wearing a red Christmas wreath themed sweater, and his hat and scarf; Robin a ten year old child with black hair and green eyes like his uncle’s, who sat in Fozzie’s lap.

Rowlf, a lean tall black man with light brown eyes and short hair, Pam, who had thick long curled blond hair, big blue eyes, and a voluptuous figure, Beaker a timid foreign young Irish man, who had messy red hair and a nervous personality.

Scooter, a senior in high school, with round glasses and puffy red hair, he was young but smart. Sattler and Waldorf weren’t going to join until Christmas Eve, as would many others. Fozzie sighed “It’s getting late…where do you suppose Kermit, Bunsen and the rest of the band are?” Pam scowled crossing one leg “Don’t talk like that about moue’s Kermy!”

Rowlf stood up walking over to the window “It’s pretty bad weather out there Fozz, Dr. Teeth probably pulled over to a hotel for the night.” Fozzie chuckled as Beaker nodded “Yeah, your right. Kermit’s a great leader.” Suddenly the front door was thrown open spooking everyone who ran into the hall Scooter standing in front of Robin. Shivering by the sudden blast of snow and cold air the group looked away as someone ran in slamming the door shut behind him.

“OH MAN!!! It’s so cold out!!” he shouted tearing a scarf from his face. “Lips! I can’t believe you made it!” Rowlf shouted hugging the tall man, he had shaggy blond hair, slight hair on his chin, and pale white skin. Fozzie patted him on the back “How’d you get here! Are you ok?”

Lips laughed as he shrugged off his wet coat “First off, I took a cab that got stuck in the snow, then I trudged three blocks through waist deep snow. Second, I’m fine, but freezing…and I could really loose some hot coco.” Pam seemed disappointed that it wasn’t Kermit, and seeming uncomfortable she trudged into the kitchen.

“Hey Robin!” Lips shouted picking up Robin who giggled hugging his neck “You’ve gotten big! Little man!” Scooter smiled glad for a distraction, but the group was thrown back into the worrying situation when Lips looked around and asked “Where’s everyone else?”

Frowning Fozzie looked away as Rowlf sighed gesturing for beaker to take robin out of the room. Growing worried the trumpest rubbed his hands together as he shivered apparently worried “Were not sure...Kermit, Bunsen, Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Janice, and Floyd all left this morning for some last minute Christmas shopping.” Rowlf stopped sharing a look with Fozzie who quickly put in “I’m sure there fine though! No need to assume the worse! They probably just pulled over to stop until the weather lets up.”

Shaking off his doubts Lips chuckled as Rowlf threw a quilt over his shoulders, the trumpest kicked off his shoes as the two led him into the sitting room. Pam reappeared with hot coco and handed it to the freezing trumpest, who took it with much gratitude. He took a big sip and sighed “that hits the spot!”

Robin jumped onto the couch happily “I put in the marshmallow.” Smiling Lips patted his head “Thank you little man!” he took another sip before he spluttered “Oh, Where’s animal! and Celia?” Rolling her eyes Pam scoffed, as Scooter answered fiddling with the lights on the tree “He’s upstairs on the phone.” Fozzie nodded "And Celia is upstairs taking a nap. She was pretty worried when Dr. Teeth left. So we gave her something to help he relax."
Celia was Dr. Teeth's young wife, She had emerald green eye's and long straight blond hair, she resembled Jessica Rabbit, and had a wonderful singing voice.

(Got permission to add her! LOL XD)

Lip's nodded but noticed everyone’s concerned gaze when Animal was mentioned he asked “What’s wrong?” Fozzie bit his lip hesitantly “Uh…he hasn’t really been in the Christmas spirit lately, and…” Rowlf finished for Fozzie rubbing his temple “We’re afraid that this mess with the rest of the band will really upset him.”

A/N: Well that's it for now! Hope you all enjoy it! Comment please, tell me you thoughts, opinion's, idea's. Is it a good story? And Celia isn't in the Muppet family...yet....MWAHAHAHA!!! I Got permission to add her and had an idea for her character in the Muppet world if MuppetLuver2000 is ok with it.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Oh to avoid confusion, The Muppet's will have a M in front of there names, and the Humans an H.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Worry not I'm still here! Just busy, so my apologies for not updating! :frown: don't be to mad. also I am at a writers block in both my current stories...so if anyone has a suggestion to help me get the ball rolling I would appreciate it. Thank you for your patience.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: ok, so I am SOOOO sorry for taking so long! been busy with college and work. but no excuses! hope you will enjoy this chapter! and just so you know the human version of animal is a little different then the muppet one. I did this because I thought, he should be a little more human considering he isn't really an animal. but the muppet animal I kept the same. is anyone doesn't like what I did, just write it in the comments. I accept only constructive criticism. and I will change it if no one likes it.​
Ch. 3

“Upset him?” Lips repeated watching Robin who now lay on the carpet next to Scooter and Beaker as he colored. Pam groaned irritably “He really wanted to go with Kermy shopping, but Floyd wouldn’t let him. The little pest broke three picture frames.” Fozzie nodded sympathetically “He’s been in the guest room for three hours.”

Setting down his coco Lips stood up “I’ll go talk to him.” The small group watched as Lip’s sprinted upstairs. Sitting in awkward silence for a moment Rowlf cleared his throat and spoke “So um, Robin watcha coloring there?”

Robin shrugged “I’m writing a letter to Santa.” Scooter looked up from his own snow flake craft “Didn’t your uncle help you do that last week?” Nodding robin sat up “Yeah, but I want Santa to bring Uncle Kermit home safe…instead of the train set.” Pam frowned and stood up, crossed over to robin and hugged him “Oh, Your uncle Kermy will be home soon dear. I bet he’ll be here first thing in the morning!” Robin looked up at her hopefully “Really?” pam nodded ignoring the stares as she stood up offering a hand to him “Of course, now I think the cookies are almost done.”

Hopping up Robin smiled happily taking her hand “Oh goodie!” watching as they went back into the kitchen no one had a chance to reply as a loud voice screamed from upstairs, “He’s not here!!!” standing up Fozzie and Rowlf bolted to the stair’s “What?” Rowlf called up, as the sound of fast footsteps quickly ran down stairs, and a shaken Lips came into view “He’s gone.” Exchanging looks of shock Fozzie spoke the question on everyone’s mind

“But…where could he be?”

-Back with the Muppets-

“YOU DID WHAT?!!!!”

“HOW COULD YOU?”

“HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET HOME!!!”

“LOOK AT MY BUS EGG HEAD!!!”

All this and more was the only sound one could hear, as both the Muppets and their human counter parts shouted at poor Bunsen. But soon a loud series of bangs erupted from inside the bus that immediately silence the mixed group, who turned apprehensively to seek out the source of the low grumbling and series of bangs. “Now what?!” H Dr. Teeth snapped clearly ticked off, taking a few steps back the large group watched as one of the window’s on the bus shook eerily. Fozzie put his hand on his mouth ducking behind M Kermit.

Suddenly the window was kicked out of its place, everyone shrieked as the window smashed onto the ground. “Talk about spooky!” M Janice whispered. Everyone held their breath as nothing seemed to happen for a few long seconds before a small hand reached out gripped the frame as a small guy suddenly pulled himself out of the bus.

He was short and thin with bright vibrant red hair and lightly tanned skin. He shook his head trying to regain his footing and failing as the boy accidently fell off the bus and onto the floor. Groaning he shouted rubbing his shoulder “GEEE THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!”

H Floyd quickly ran over to him as the small boy cursed under his breath. Picking him up H Floyd scolded “Animal!! What on earth are ya doing here! I thought I told you to stay home!” the human group sighed deeply as the Muppets seemed confused. H Animal brushed himself off “You did.” H Floyd threw an arm up “So why are you here! I told you to stay home!” rolling his eyes H Animal scoffed “I told you thank I wanted to go! You were going to Windham and I HAD to go!”

Putting both hands on his hips H Floyd leaned forward not noticing the way the Muppets stared in wonder “Why?” flinching H animal rubbed the back of his head “Uh…t-THAT’S NOT YOUR BUISSNESS!!” he finished with a shout. H Floyd shoved a finger in his chest “I’m getting REAL tired of this new ***** *** attitude of yours!” H Animal leaned up and sneered “Aww! Whatcha gonna do? Send me to my room?”

But before they could continue their argument H Dr. Teeth picked up animal and dropped him a few feet away from H Floyd “Alright gal’s! Alright! That’s enough!” H Kermit nodded looking annoyed “I’ll say, anyway since where here we might as well know who everyone is. Now we’ll start-” M Kermit stepped forward gently “Excuse me but we heard your roll call earlier…so if it’s alright with everyone I believe it will be easier for everyone if we introduce ourselves.”

H Kermit nodded as both groups separated and faced each other, everyone seemed nervous and in disbelief. M Kermit cleared his throat and began “Well um…I’m Kermit.” H Animal shared a look with H Floyd before the two burst out laughing, while H Kermit looked insulted “What?!” H Janice who was giggling put a hand up “Nothing Kermit, it’s just…like…typical!” H Dr. Teeth slapped H Kermit’s shoulder “Yeah boss man, you southerner you!” M Kermit cleared his throat and continued, “and um,” he gestured beside him “This is Fozzie, and Rowlf.”

The two Muppets waved, while the H Electric mayhem once more burst out laughing. H Floyd whipped at his eyes “Aw MAN! This is tooo good!” shaking his head M Kermit smiled “And um that is scooter.” H Animal jumped slightly “Eww! Creepy!!!” M Kermit continued while the electric mayhem laughed. “And, um-” he was cut off by Miss Piggy who flipped her hair as she spoke “And Mou is Miss Piggy!” H Floyd shared a look with the electric mayhem, as if frightened for a moment.

They each looked shocked! Suddenly H animal snorted loudly and fell back with laughter. H Floyd stepped forward “Wait, wait, wait! Your Miss Piggy!” M Piggy seemed confused as she nodded putting a hand on her hips. H Floyd turned around to look at H Kermit who seemed paler, “You don’t think?” but he merely shrugged. Before H Floyd could say a word H Dr. Teeth jumped forward and clamped a hand over his mouth.

“No way! Not one word! Where stuck here and I won’t have your big mouth getting into trouble!” H Floyd deflated slightly as he was released “Come on man! It would be sooo easy!!” H Dr. teeth sighed shaking his head “Uh uh…no!” H Kermit shook his head cheeks tinted red as he grumble “Yes, well…lets continue please.” M Kermit nodded gesturing over toward his band “And this is our Electric mayhem.”

Suddenly both bands walked forward and found there Doppler ganger. H Dr. Teeth grinned “Hey! Not a bad likeness!” M Floyd laughed looking over his human counterpart “Ah HaHaHa! You got that right man, I look good.” H Janice shook her head “Oh like really!” both Zoots merely glanced at each other than shrugged. this day just kept getting weirder.

A/N: ok like is I said, please comment bellow. let me know what you think! hope you enjoyed it! :big_grin: