What do the Muppets mean to you?

Fiona1024

Reaction score
The Muppet's mean so much to me. They make us laugh and smile witch is a hard thing to do. Pretty much They keep me alive ^___^
I loved to get to know most off the characters better.
When I'm every upset,Sad or down I always turn on a Muppet film or the Muppet show to put my mind off things. I was so glad to watch the Muppet's again And I can't wait to see the next film QuQ

Fiona1024

Reaction score
The Muppets mean a great deal to me. I got into them when I was about 12, and like a lot of preteen girls, was shy and unsure of myself (not just because people picked on me all the time, although I'm sure that didn't help). At a time in my life like that, being a fan of the Muppets helped me begin to see that it was okay to be quirky, and even a little weird, because that's what makes you stand out.
That's how I feel too =) I wish they were actully with me at least they would be a decient friend

snichols1973

Reaction score
In recent months, it seems like there's been a Muppet Renaissance; in other words, we've been seeing their classic and recent films on channels such as Disney, ABC Family, the Hub et al., and with Muppets: Most Wanted coming to theaters in March 2014, I wonder how many Muppet fans out there are eagerly awaiting the day when reruns of The Muppet Show start airing again.....

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm not really waiting for the old Muppet Show to be back on the air. I'm waiting for a new and good Muppet Show to be on the air. The Muppets are ready for this, if Disney would just do it already!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
The Muppets have meant different things to me over the years. They used to be people that I'd look to for laughter and entertainment, to cheer me up when I'm down. The Muppets and Jim's legacy in general helped inspired me to be creative and artistic. Now that I'm older, I see in the Muppets a sense of diversity and acceptance, and trying to get along with everyone, and giving everyone a chance. The Muppet universe just has a huge range of different species and personality types, and even though at times they don't always get along, you feel a sense of community and real friendship. It's something to strive for in my own life.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Recent events have caused me to question what these guys mean to me and I've realised that there are things more important than just representing the best in us. I really don't know how to put it into words. The Muppets are almost like this spiritual entity to me and they have changed me as a person. It's nearly been two years since I discovered thier magic and things couldn't be going better.

I study and perform drama at school and for my solo examination, we had to embody someone who had influenced our personal life. Did I choose Kermit? No. Jim? No. Frank? No.

I chose Miss Piggy.

This was odd for a few reasons. Firstly, my teacher was probably referring to a human. Secondly, she was also referring to a real person. Thirdly.....I seriously can't stand the pig. She annoys the heck outta me and I root for Kermit when he defends his bachelorhood.

So then why did I choose her? Simple. As much as I hate her, I would curl up in a ball and cry if she was to disappear. I see too much of her in me. Piggy is very much a part of my life, as with the other Muppets and I'm sure you'll agree with me.

These guys don't just create a family of themselves, the sense and impact of thier friendship and trust has created a ripple effect throughout the world. There is a family of puppeteers, a family of fans and a family of haters (created by Statler and Waldorf, of course)

Take a look at us, would you? We're just one big, slightly insane, muffin filled community who would throw the largest party of randomness if we were all to throw caution to the wind and come together. I connect to you guys in a way I simply can't with even my best friend. I'm typing from the bottom of my heart here.

The Muppets brought me to self- acceptance, tolerance and you guys. That, by itself, means the world to me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow that was wonderful Jim&Frank, I mean you really nailed how I think i feel as well about the Muppsts as well.

I think that deep down Piggy is not sure of herself as she would always lead us to believe. I think she has to be such a diva to hide the fact that she is un sure of who she is. I also think that is why she has to push Kermit so hard at times. If she would let him be then he would love her to no abounds, but she is so unsure of his and her feelings for each other and that is why she pushes so hard. In that regard she is a lot like me, and I can relate to her more when i look at the things she does in that light. When she sits back and tries to let Kermit and the rest of the Muppets win or accomplish something, and they can't Piggy then comes in and saves the day. I personaly love the pig, and well all the Muppets.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
The muppets make me so happy. I can always pop them on and feel better when I'm done. When one of my friends died tragically I was very down, and one of the things that helped me was watching The Muppets(2011). They have been here for me since I was like one, and they're still here now. They're just the funniest characters ever created, and they're just perfect.

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
Whenever I watch The Muppets whether it's on YouTube, on Television, or on DVD, they just make my day, every day. They just make me smile. Another thing, I ALWAYS dream of meeting them someday. Especially, Miss Piggy. She's my favorite out of all of them. She's such a diva, but she can also be loving and caring. That's what I love about her. Oh, you can't forget her karate chop. It's just so famous and it's been so for over 35 years (a little longer than that).

Basically, The Muppets mean everything to me.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
What do the Muppets mean to me? What do they? Their job is to entertain kids and adults, alike, and, come to say, since 1955, they've been doing a heck of a good job doing that. The Muppets mean so much to me that it's not even funny. I think that Jim Henson could do amazing things, and I'm stunned when that does happen. They make me feel happy.