What's your claim to fame?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Ooh, I got one. My last name is the same as the name of a castle in Germany. One time my Grandpa's cousin went to visit and when she put her name in the guest book the people there were very impressed and she got all sorts of special treatment

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Ironically, I've become famous among friends & family for my coffee. I HATE coffee. But, one day, my coffee-addicted father called me up whilst he was on his way home and instructed me on how to fix some. I accidentally added a few extra scoops, (making it "strong enough to sit up abd bark", as Garfield would say), and I've been fixing the coffee for our house ever since.
I'm also a notoriously ravenous reader. I've been well-known to pratically disappear for a whole day into a book....And not come out 'till I'm done.
Oh, yeah, I'm...Relatively famous as a singer in my church parish. I have a beautiful voice, (hey, when ya got a gift, you admit it), but it's not something I'd ever wish to pursue as a career, as I have HORRENDOUS stagefright, which is also well-known.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm the news editor for my college newspaper - the most invisible visible person on campus!! I was voted the quietest girl in my 200-student class in high school. I was in the local paper once in sixth grade as a "Can-Do Kid" -- they showcased me as a writer. And I got to meet Art Garfunkel when he came to Erie in 2000. :big_grin: So I've had a couple little brushes...
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Last night, Muley had his second work as Official SpokesMule of the Memphis RMH, and delivered a speech for the Memphis Ronald McDonald House Volunteer Banquet, received much laughs and applause, and we both won awards for volunteering and Muley won a 'special' award for being "SpokesMule of the Century." Got TONS o' pictures from it.

Reminds me, Muley won a McDonald's Color the Weather when I was a kid (like in 1981 I think), and was shown on the local news network during the weather segment. I also had a drawing of their penguin character, SnowBird, that I sent them and they showed that, too.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Well, on the 'Net I'm also known as Lady Iapetus (long story), and one of my claims to fame is my habit of replying to empty posts. Back when I was a freshman in college one of the message boards I frequented was hosted by InsideTheWeb, or ITW. The way the ITW boards were set up, you could accidentally post your subject line and sometimes your username without typing in your message. The first time I came across one of those I replied to it and called it an "empty post." Pretty soon I started doing that whenever I saw one, calling it an empty post in a variety of ways. When the users at this board started making up titles to put after their screennames (it was a way to ward off spammers and imposters), I chose to call myself the Empty Post-replier. Since ITW has gone under, a lot of the message boards I frequent now have precautions against that type of thing, I am now the Former Empty Post-replier.

About the only claims to fame in real life that I can make are: I'm so quiet and reclusive that on my dorm floor I am known as "The Quiet One" (that's what they told my new roommate when she visited the campus), and on Speech team in high school my coach liked my introductions for my prose and verse speeches so much she joked about paying me to come back and write intros for her novices.

-Kim

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
Believe it or not...

If you do a search on the internet through Dogpile, my name actually comes up a few times and one link has a picture! :big_grin: Woohoo!

I'm a freelance writer and artist when not working my regular day job, with credits on a few role-playing game products and independent comic books. For a few years I did a comic strip in the bi-monthly newsletter of Metropolis Magazine, a periodical for the interior design and architecture industry. I also won the first annual "Mask" Event/Auction sponsored by the furniture company Humanscale, with funds going to the World Wildlife Foundation.

I've also spoken on TV a number of times as an authority (Bwaha-haha!) on Japanese Animation and Role-Playing Games.

Check these out!

http://www.io.com/~sjohn/trek.htm

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9608/26/japanese.animation/

and a picture of me!

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9608/26/japanese.animation/dickstein.jpg

And just for fun, try running your own name as a search. You might be surprised what you find...

Adam Dickstein

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I've been semi-famous at school for some weird things

Thinking I was a cat (I never really did, but I'd always tell people I was a cat)

Having imaginary friends. (Pippin is the most popular)

And now I think I'm getting famous for arguing with myself.

~No you're not.~

Shut up.

beaker

Reaction score
Nothing in particulair for me...a prophet once told me I was "the one", not sure what that meant...whoah.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Koozbanian Foob--That's all cool and interesting. I'd like to turn your attention to www.toshigawa.com, which is my best pal Antone's work--he does anime style stuff.