Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Jimmy Neutron. I can't stand both the animation and the voices.

I agree. My mind is blown by how much of a following that show has. None of those kids are likable; the main character is an arrogant jerk who I often wish the villains would defeat, Cindy is also really annoying and has a voice that makes me want to tear my ears off (and she's mean to Jimmy, but she secretly loves him; oh, give me a break, I'm so sick of that cliche!:rolleyes:), Sheen...ugh, and Libby is yet another tired "sassy black chick" stereotype (I'm starting to wonder if these writers have actually met more than three black people, or are just going off stereotypes that are already well-known. And it's not that stereotype itself that gets me, but rather, the fact that no one seems willing to try anything else). And of course, all the adults on that show are either villains or bumbling idiots.

TUFF Puppy is another one that's annoying, and yet, somehow, has a relatively large following. It's different from Jimmy Neutron, though, in that I find the villains just as annoying as the main characters, so I really don't know who to root for.

If we're doing all animated series, and not just those for kids, I never really felt like Family Guy was the comedic gold people think it once was, or is. I think the first season, and the first couple years after its un-cancellation were sort of okay, and from there, the show got progressively worse and worse. First off, pop culture references are NOT JOKES. Just because something existed, or a person is famous, doesn't make mentioning him/her/it automatically funny. Secondly, just because you're subverting a cliche doesn't make something funny. And how are we supposed to want these people, who are basically horrible (except Meg, who the writers are too lazy and/or apathetic to give two concrete personality traits to rub together) to win in the end? I think that's a problem with a lot of these shows; the writers never quite get that making your hero unlikable is where the "Rooting For the Empire" mentality manifests itself. A show, or movie or book, is supposed to have a hero who you want to see come out fine in the end, and with Family Guy, and the two Nicktoons I mentioned, I really don't.

Princeton

Reaction score
Most annoying television live action not kid's program?

Will and Grace. An unfunny, loud jumble of bad forced pop culture jokes and puns about the characters being gay delivered by loud, obnoxious, screaming actors that make a Butch Hartman cartoon look like a Ben Stein lecture. The show even managed to make John Cleese unfunny. Even the actors outside that show aren't half as terrible as they were on that show. Heck, I didn't like Megan Mellaly until after that crappy show ended. It's an overrated piece of garbage, and it's no wonder why this was the only steady sitcom these producers managed to have. I can't even blame the cast... the writers and producers have zero talent. And every sitcom they tried other than this one had zero audience.
Why did you feel the need to post this? Especially when your very first sentence said out right that W&G goes against all the acceptable criteria for this thread. You're either hard-headed by nature or you thought the world would end if you didn't spout an incredibly infantile opinion of a show that has been off the air for eight years that wasn't meant for you to begin with.

Now, to get personal. I was a bisexual teenager going to a very conservative high school when W&G was in its heyday, and don't you think I would have given anything to have as kind and wonderful a best friend on my side as Grace? I'm not going to pretend that it was God's gift to TV (admittedly, Season Five onward was pure crap), but it meant a lot to me and by insulting W&G, you not only insult me but you insult all of its fans who have a sexual orientation other than straight.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SpongeBob SquarePants, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

SPONGEBOOOOOOOOOOOB SQUAREPAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS!

YARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR!

Toot-toot-toot-toot, toot-toot

Teheheman

Reaction score
In Dr. Tooth's defense, this IS titled "Most Annoying TV Series Ever". Not 'Most annoying cartoon ever'.
That being said, MY vote for Most Annoying Animated Series Ever is the show "Martha Speaks". Don't ask me why but there's something REALLY annoying about that dog. Even the premise is stupid. The dog can talk because it ate alphabet soup and it went the wrong way into her brain. Really? Couldn't think of another better reasoning? But just the whole thing. There's a random guy with a tomato on his shirt and his brother has a carrot on his for no reason, and there's just nothing I find interesting about that dang show.

Daniel

Princeton

Reaction score
In Dr. Tooth's defense, this IS titled "Most Annoying TV Series Ever". Not 'Most annoying cartoon ever'.
The title aside, I explained the criteria in at least three (!) seperate posts within the thread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've never actually watched MARTHA SPEAKS, but I kind of have to agree, seeing the promos often, Martha does seem kind of annoying... interestingly, I think she was voiced by the same woman who originally voiced Nazz on ED, EDD N EDDY.

FOSTER'S HOME FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS pretty much marked the beginning of the end of Cartoon Network as we knew it... just about every new CN series to follow pretty much fell flat as well.

Princeton

Reaction score
Getting back to Brak, the other two cartoon voices that absolutely grate on me are Billy (Billy & Mandy) and Bloo (Foster's).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of think the voices on GRAVITY FALLS could use a tweaking here and there... I don't actually watch GRAVITY FALLS (don't really watch Disney Channel in general), but from what I've seen, the voices seem "too old" for the characters, or the character look "too young" for their voices.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Right now, off-hand, when it comes to TV shows I've actually watched, the only shows I can think of are animated (I don't think I've actually posted in that other thread): Spongebob Squarepants (I liked it at first, then got bored within a few episodes) and Ed, Edd 'n Eddy (can't remember if I ever liked that at first or not).

I'll have to think about whether there's any really annoying live-action shows that I have watched regularly. There have been a number of shows I've watched on-and-off without being a big fan of, but I guess that doesn't neccessarily translate to whether they're annoying. And there are some really popular shows that I have sometimes watched semi-regularly, often don't, and sorta find overrated or not that great (Friends comes to mind) but at the same time don't know if I'd call them annoying.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but "FangFace" was one of the most irritating HB cartoons I've ever watched.