Henson Company Card 2013!

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Heya! I was proud to do this illustration for Jim Henson Company this Xmas 2013 for their company card! I told some people on the forum that I'd tell them what secret Henson-related project I had been up to and this is it!
There are 2 other projects that I might be involved with that will also come out this year, but more on that later!

I gotta say though, Jim Henson company is the best company to work with. They really treat their freelancers very kindly and there's no complaints from me! They even sent me a few xmas presents!
So if you ever get the opportunity to work with them- please do it!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Heya! I was proud to do this illustration for Jim Henson Company this Xmas 2013 for their company card! I told some people on the forum that I'd tell them what secret Henson-related project I had been up to and this is it!
There are 2 other projects that I might be involved with that will also come out this year, but more on that later!

I gotta say though, Jim Henson company is the best company to work with. They really treat their freelancers very kindly and there's no complaints from me! They even sent me a few xmas presents!

Wow, this is AMAZING artwork. What a beautiful job, and what an honor I'm sure to have designed this for them. How did you get approached to design this for them? I love all the little hidden characters in the background, especially the silhouette of the storyteller and his dog!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

I love that picture, especially with the Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Fraggle Rock characters involved with it. :smile:

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Wow, this is AMAZING artwork. What a beautiful job, and what an honor I'm sure to have designed this for them. How did you get approached to design this for them? I love all the little hidden characters in the background, especially the silhouette of the storyteller and his dog!
Thanks a lot MelissaY1! And dang you have a really observant eye there to recognize the storyteller guy! I literally gasp whenever I get this kind of opportunity with Henson.
But I got to work with them when I did a bunch of fraggle rock comics for Archaia, and from that I guess they saw my work and they all of a sudden emailed me to do a fraggle themed Xmas card a few years ago! Then this year they contacted me again to this time do a scene with a whole group of different Henson characters!

Love it, especially Boober playing his washboard in the background.

Thanks a lot! Yeah I'm glad I could put Boober in there!

I love that picture, especially with the Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Fraggle Rock characters involved with it. :smile:
Hehe yeah my secret wish is to work on a Dark Crystal Property, but they always get super talented artists on Dark Crystal comics and illustrations- so I have no complaints!

Reevz1977

Reaction score

To say this illustration is incredible, really isn't doing the piece justice! It's one of the most well observed and beautifully styled Henson related illustrations I can think of. I really, REALLY love it and can't stop looking at it!

I would have to say, its always been a pipe dream of mine to work on any Henson/Muppet/Sesame Street illustrations and well done for managing to live my dream :smile: Can I ask, and please don't answer if you don't want to, how did you get the gig, was it through an agent or was it advertised?

Please let us see any others you do - I speak on behalf of every fan when I say, we'd love to see them!!

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Such a beautiful Christmas card! My favorite parts are:

1.) May making music with Emmet Otter and Boober Fraggle
2.) Sid, Cow Bella, Apollo, and Buddy waving to the card-looker
3.) Tiny flying over Red while the latter swings on a vine
4.) Cotterpin and her fellow Doozers hanging lights

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Such a beautiful Christmas card! My favorite parts are:

1.) May making music with Emmet Otter and Boober Fraggle
2.) Sid, Cow Bella, Apollo, and Buddy waving to the card-looker
3.) Tiny flying over Red while the latter swings on a vine
4.) Cotterpin and her fellow Doozers hanging lights

Dang you're pretty good at recognizing all those Henson Characters! I actually had never heard of Emmet Otter before I did this card too!
But the Doozers hanging lights are the new ones from the CGI show (that to the best of my knowledge is only in Australia at the moment??)

lazesummestone

Reaction score
To say this illustration is incredible, really isn't doing the piece justice! It's one of the most well observed and beautifully styled Henson related illustrations I can think of. I really, REALLY love it and can't stop looking at it!

I would have to say, its always been a pipe dream of mine to work on any Henson/Muppet/Sesame Street illustrations and well done for managing to live my dream :smile: Can I ask, and please don't answer if you don't want to, how did you get the gig, was it through an agent or was it advertised?

Please let us see any others you do - I speak on behalf of every fan when I say, we'd love to see them!!

Gosh that's really super nice of you to say- especially from such a wonderful artist as yourself! And wait--- I thought you had done some Muppet illustrations and stuff?

But yeah I did this and the Xmas card a few years ago I think mainly because I worked on the Fraggle Rock Comic Book, and they wanted to do a Fraggle-only xmas card in 2010. But then this year I think they got me because I was still in the Rolodex and they needed some last minute assistance.
I've kinda always gotten by from working on comics and talking to people at different Comic Conventions. But sometimes weird and wonderful opportunities pop up from just talking to people! I've never heard of agents actually panning out- although maybe for strait up illustration that may work?
I'll keep you in mind for if I see something pops up! (and Foodie ^__^)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow- nice Christmas card! Great artwork- I also love all the intermingling of characters from The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock and The Jim Henson Hour and more.
(The silhouette of The Storyteller and his dog is definitely great too.) And I definitely loved seeing Emmett Otter in there with Boober both playing music together. :sigh: :scary: