Squeal of Fortune

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Also, Kermit the Frog and Gonzo appeared on Wheel of Fortune in 1999 to promote their new movie "Muppets from Space".

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Does anyone have any images from the "Squeal of Fortune" comic in Muppet Magazine #18. (Or whatever it was called.) I remember having that one as a kid. That would be nice to see again.

BTW, thanks for sharing the "Driedel" clip. However, that doesn't look like that's something they'd show on our "Sesame Street." That looks more like a "Shalom Sesame" type of thing. Does anyone know where that came from originally? Just curious about that.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
BTW, to correct Gonzoleapers comment "Wheel" was on longer than 1986, The nighttime version started airing in 1983 and it started on daytime on 1975. Just wanted to share that bit of info.
Ah, okay- thanks for the info, Daffyfan2003. I stand corrected.:wisdom:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Does anyone have any images from the "Squeal of Fortune" comic in Muppet Magazine #18. (Or whatever it was called.) I remember having that one as a kid. That would be nice to see again.

BTW, thanks for sharing the "Driedel" clip. However, that doesn't look like that's something they'd show on our "Sesame Street." That looks more like a "Shalom Sesame" type of thing. Does anyone know where that came from originally? Just curious about that.
If it was "Shalom Sesame", Then it would been dubbed in Hebrew or hosted by a Hebrew game show host. I remember seeing clips of Shalom Sesame (and other International versions of Sesame Street) on Sesame Street 20 Years and Still Counting. And yes, On Sesame Street 20 Years and Still Counting, There is a montage clip on various segments on Sesame Street. Which includes:
  • The Oinker Sisters singing "The New Way to Walk"
  • The Honkers dancing to "Honk Around the Clock"
  • "The Rapping Alphabet"
  • "The Word is NO!" with Gina and Maria
  • "The Miami Mice" with JP saying "Yo, Ernie!"
  • Alistair Cookie introducing "Me Claudius" on Monsterpiece Theatre.
  • And of course, "Squeal of Fortune" when it was Count Von Count's turn.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If it was "Shalom Sesame", Then it would been dubbed in Hebrew or hosted by a Hebrew game show host.

Well, they said it was "Shalom" at Muppet Wiki. But you're right. I can't understand why it would have been in English then, unless that was from before they dubbed it. Also, Alison didn't sound like Gina there, so maybe her voice was dubbed, but yet it was still in English. I don't know. This is really confusing.