Gonzo Puppet by Terry Angus

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
His nose is perfect! :concern:
I'll be getting the Master Replica Gonzo soon even though I'm not a big fan of the shape of the nose MR went with. I don't even care all that much that it's not made of foam. It's the shape of the nose itself I'm not a big fan of. It does't really look like any of the many incarnations of the character but hes the best representation of him that's out there so I had to get him. I wish the Master Replica Gonzo looked half as good as the one you just made.
Congrats on finally making him for yourself again! Your Gonzo is a dead ringer for the real thing!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I still love my MR Gonzo. Minor modifications went a long way. Mostly it's about posing and pupil replacement. I'm so lucky to have these wonderful gems!!

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
I still love my MR Gonzo. Minor modifications went a long way. Mostly it's about posing and pupil replacement. I'm so lucky to have these wonderful gems!!
Minor modifications went a long way indeed! It's amazing how a little modification helped him come more to life! I might try it myself. Did you do anything to his nose? the image on the right seems to have a thinker nose than the one on the left.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Minor modifications went a long way indeed! It's amazing how a little modification helped him come more to life! I might try it myself. Did you do anything to his nose? the image on the right seems to have a thinker nose than the one on the left.

The camera was closer on the second shot. Plus, I slightly clipped the fur around his eyes.

Neil565

Reaction score
I wish I could afford the Gonzo MR. I got Kermit, but after seeing him in person, I wasn't real thrilled with the final product. But I just love gonzo.

I wish I had talent to do this type of stuff...too bad ordering one of these from you would probably cost as much as the MR bit ;o)

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Oh wow Terry. Those are amazing. Almost brings a tear to my eye that we will never get anything close to that Rowlf or the amazing Fozzie you made.

I remember you stating that the fur was "off" on that original Gonzo you created, but that thing absolutely blew me away. It looked alive. It actually looked better than the real thing.

Ignohippo

Reaction score

You all are right about the MR posers but you have to remember they were still a mass-produced product. For the most part, they were very good but just needed some tweaking once you got them home. Hindsight's 20/20 though, and I'm sure they would've gotten better and better with each release.

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
I wish I could afford the Gonzo MR. I got Kermit, but after seeing him in person, I wasn't real thrilled with the final product. But I just love gonzo.

I wish I had talent to do this type of stuff...too bad ordering one of these from you would probably cost as much as the MR bit ;o)

It would be really nice to have all three of them just to round out the collection.
I got Gonzo because not only is he one of my top 3 favorite Muppets but I also got him at a very reasonable price.
Only down side is that most of the people who are reselling them right now are asking anywhere from $900 to $1000 and more from them. I already have a Kermit that looks pretty good and is the same size as my MR Gonzo and they look great together!
I'm also working on a Miss Piggy.

PS. If you look around you might be able to find a Gonzo at a somewhat reasonable price point.

PS. Also Terry I want that Rowlf!
You are so lucky to be so talented!

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I agree with the hog, Your Rowlf is spot on,Terry!! Your Gonzo Is Wonderful, too! Skeetscootscatta skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!