Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the name of the soup companies which would have commercials following this formula: A husband wants to get some soup, the wife looks at the soup can and remarks, "condenced soup? You're an adult now..." and gets him to eat some other kind of soup.

I'd like to see (or make) a parody of those commercials, where the husband snaps at the wife for telling him what he should or shouldn't eat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The commercials you're thinking of were old Progresso commercials from 2000s... I guess that was their advertising gimmick back then as opposed to today's, "Ring-ring!" "Progresso!"

Anyway, in the Chip n Dale cartoon, "Two Chips and a Miss", was the song that Clarice performs an original song written for the cartoon, or was it an already-existing song? Based on what little information I've uncovered, it seems to be original.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The commercials you're thinking of were old Progresso commercials from 2000s... I guess that was their advertising gimmick back then as opposed to today's, "Ring-ring!" "Progresso!"

Part of me was thinking it was Progresso, but then I thought that was the car insurance company with Flo. Which might actually be called Progressive.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, you got your bearings straight. Progresso is soup, Progressive is insurance, and Prego is spaghetti sauce.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Prego is also, for some reason, the new slang term for pregnant (at least we're not saying preggers anymore, that was awful).

But Ragu is better. :stick_out_tongue:

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
Why was there a singing group called Destiny's Child when there were three of them(or four or five if I'm mistaken)shouldn't they be called Destiny's Children?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Why was there a singing group called Destiny's Child when there were three of them(or four or five if I'm mistaken)shouldn't they be called Destiny's Children?
The group named itself Destiny's Child after a passage in the Book of Isaiah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HOW many adblockers do I have to install to block ALL ads? Seriously, both YouTube and Yahoo! manage to somehow bypass it all the time!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How far in advance to the next TV season do you suppose is the best time to pitch a show to the networks? How far in advance so you have more time for casting and developing (even if you've already developed the show in your head for years, but I guess any creator could use more development time to work around changes/ compromises the network demands) and be able to get that show on the air by the next TV season (if I got a series sold to a network, I wouldn't want to wait a year to begin broadcast)?