When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'll really love this.

In May, it never stops raining. And usually it's because the weathercasters always jinx it by saying "gee, we sure could see some rain." Then it doesn't stop, and we get either downpours or those days where there's like 2 minutes of drizzle, but it's still dark and cloudy for the entire day.

A pain in the butt if you have to hang out laundry.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
April is kind of like that for us, only it's very much a gamble: some years, it'll be incredibly wet and stormy throughout the month, then other years, not so much (May for us tends to be hot and sunny).

But I tell ya what, whereas you guys have to put up with extreme weather during the winter with your blizzards and feet of snow and such, we have to put up with extreme weather during the spring: downpours of rain, high winds that can take out huge trees, hail leaving your cars look like they have chicken pox scars, and if it gets really bad it'll flood... heck, back in 2011, one of our main roads was flooded so bad, dumpsters were floating down the street.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Snow isn't common down here in the south... even if the weather so much as forecasts the possibilities of flurries, people absolutely freak out and rush over to the stores and start stocking up on eggs, bread, and milk. I guess they see footage of what the north goes through on TV, so they have this idea that winter precipitation of any kind = the end of the world.

Meanwhile, the Canadians sit back, watch all of us freak out, and laugh their butts off at us.
North or South, what's the deal? At the first sign of snow everybody rushes to the store and hoards up on milk, bread, and eggs.

Are that many people making French toast?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I accidentally flipped through something that had an anorexic woman on it. She looked like a freaking monster. I get that whole warped body image or whatever the term is... but really?! No wonder why that problem's still prevalent.

cjd874

Reaction score
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchirico/things-curvy-girls-know-to-be-true

Oh, here we go again, commenting on average, typical women, and calling them fat... :rolleyes:
This reminds me about your previous post regarding Jennifer "Plus-Sized" Lawrence, who I think is beautiful and should NOT be called "plus-sized." I'd hate to hear what the press has to say about Melissa McCarthy... :frown:
I personally can't stand the ads with those models who looks like they've been living off of lettuce and water as if they were bunnies. The media continues to push these ridiculous beliefs that the most successful, most desirable women should adhere to a particular body image (namely, being skinny or at worst, thin). They also promote a great deal of overt promiscuity. :flirt:
That's what I hate about certain commercial products like Victoria's Secret, Cover Girl, etc. They're terrible because they bombard females of all ages with ads that seem to say, "Hey! You're not pretty enough. You're not GOOD enough. Buy some mascara! Buy this nice lip gloss!" That kind of message eliminates all of their confidence. It seems like these companies are trying to get them to put on a mask and become a completely different person, rather than embracing themselves, warts and all. And all the while, these companies earn millions of dollars.
Whatever happened to being happy with yourself in spite of your flaws, whether they are physical or personal?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
George Zimmerman signing himself up for a "celebrity" boxing tournament.

Need I say more?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's what I hate about certain commercial products like Victoria's Secret, Cover Girl, etc. They're terrible because they bombard females of all ages with ads that seem to say, "Hey! You're not pretty enough. You're not GOOD enough. Buy some mascara! Buy this nice lip gloss!" That kind of message eliminates all of their confidence. It seems like these companies are trying to get them to put on a mask and become a completely different person, rather than embracing themselves, warts and all. And all the while, these companies earn millions of dollars.
That's the essence of advertising. Create a need. Convince people something is missing in their lives. If these companies were given truth serum, they would say, "There's no profit in a positive body image." Hehe :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This reminds me about your previous post regarding Jennifer "Plus-Sized" Lawrence, who I think is beautiful and should NOT be called "plus-sized." I'd hate to hear what the press has to say about Melissa McCarthy... :frown:
Last year, some d-bag movie critic spent an entire review of Identity Theft (or whatever it was) ranting about how fat and annoying she was with the maturity and class of a schoolyard jerk. Not even a bully. I don't even give him that much credit. The lazy kid that just verbally abuses everyone for a cheap laugh.