A Certain Frog: My 1st Puppet Build

DanimalUK

Reaction score
So first off, thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Puppet Building forum since its inception as its been a great resource for me... Everything you ever wanted to know about building puppets is here! (Well...ok...Almost!)
Soo after a year of soaking up all that information that everyone has shared, i thought i'd have a go and share my first Muppet replica puppet. So for my first build i decided to make Kermit, Although i understand that everyone makes him!, but he's just a great design to be introduced to puppet building.

So here goes, My 1st puppet build:

So as you can see he is still work in progress, his arms are only attached with pins as i'm thinking of converting him into the 'round body with 2 legs' version.

OH DEAR! Drunk again!!!

Kermit's clearly not happy. Anyone have any flies i can give him?

It's a shame the iMac's cam isn't that great with the quality or displaying the correct colour but it will do for now.

Before i delve into the world of Antron Fleece i decided to use a non-pill fleece to make him... although since, i've bought some Antron fleece off the net for future builds.

One thing i was really happy of how it came out, was Kermit's hands that i built.

I added an additional piece of plastic above the clip so it could hold the bent end of the arm wire more securely.

Very time consuming work! Everything was done using the Henson stitch by hand.

For the black pupils and the inside of the mouth i found using black velour with an adhesive backing really great. I did a fare bit of research of Kermit and it really comes close to the texture.

So right now i'm in the progress of finding the right shade of green felt for his collar.

Anywho Movin' right along...

NextJim1225

Reaction score
Wow! Very authentic. I like the fact that you made him fit your arm snuggly so that you could get the head to move exactly with your hand (lots of The Frogs replicas out there try to get a larger size instead of simply doing what works). I'm noticing the body pattern and wondering where you found it. It would be perfect for my next project. Brilliant work :smile:.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Woah! That's one of the finest looking Kermit replicas I have ever seen! You absolutely nailed it! Excellent work! :smile:

DanimalUK

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind responses so far! :smile:
For the body i used Project Puppets 'Alternative Body' pattern and it gave me not bad results but it's definitely not Kermit as he look like he's lost a little bit of weight. Next time i'm going make it from scratch and match it to the more rounder body that he has.

Wow! Very authentic. I like the fact that you made him fit your arm snuggly so that you could get the head to move exactly with your hand (lots of The Frogs replicas out there try to get a larger size instead of simply doing what works). I'm noticing the body pattern and wondering where you found it. It would be perfect for my next project. Brilliant work :smile:.

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind responses so far! :smile:
For the body i used Project Puppets 'Alternative Body' pattern and it gave me not bad results but it's definitely not Kermit as he look like he's lost a little bit of weight. Next time i'm going make it from scratch and match it to the more rounder body that he has.
Wonderful Kermit! Did you use a specific size for the head? It's a personal size for it?