Video: The Muppets "No Room for Boring" Music Video

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Awesome music video Love Zoot's solo and overall Great to see The Electric Mayhem again, Also agree with some of the others that Floyds voice is pretty much spot on although Janice still needs some work

Drtooth

Reaction score
This proves to me that the Muppets don't always need Kermit and Miss Piggy (the faces of the franchise so to speak) to be recognizable. Their off-the-wall humor is what makes them so awesome and, uh, not boring. 'Cause there's no room for boring in the Muppet universe.
Exactly why I think this and the commercial it spawned from are both amazing. Not that there's anything wrong with the Kermit and Piggy advertisements, but when was the last time we saw the Electric Mayhem featured that prominently in an advertisement of any kind? Yeah, I know it's kinda a bummer they didn't get Lips in there, but that's missing the point. Why worry about some ultra obscure fan favorite like that when we're not getting the same Kermit/Piggy and some celebrity ad? Yeah, I did like those Jessica Simpson Muppet Pizza Hut bits, but to have the Electric Mayhem perform a full song for the first time in ever should be a real boon to fans.

Not to mention how many second and third string characters we got here. WOW.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Also, it's great that The Electric Mayhem is featured all equally, as opposed to Animal being the most prominently featured one. Actually I feel I barely notice Animal's pressence in this.

Peace

Reaction score
I'm loving the new Muppet ads. They barely even feel like Toyota ads, it seems more focused around the Muppets themselves.

Loving the Electric Mayhem focus - it seems in the wake of 2011's The Muppets, the higher ups have started realising that there are more characters than Kermit, Piggy and Pepe.

It's such a delight to see the Electric Mayhem - I know I pretty much just said that, but it's worth repeating. One minor gripe is David Rudman's Janice - sounding a bit too high pitched, but hey, these guys aren't impressionists, they're puppeteers, it's amazing that they can get it so close. I'm confident that David Rudman will improve in time with both Scooter and Janice though, but as of right now, they're both sounding a bit too much like Baby Bear.

I think his Scooter needs to be less excitable, and his Janice voiced a little deeper, but that being said, he's doing a wonderful job and I don't mean to denigrate him at all.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's kinda a bummer they didn't get Lips in there, but that's missing the point. Why worry about some ultra obscure fan favorite like that when we're not getting the same Kermit/Piggy and some celebrity ad?
Lips is included in this promotional image, so he was remembered. Maybe he'll even show up in an alternate scene in the other versions of the ads we've yet to see.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see those last two commercials in English (if that's possible) and in the meantime, I'm loving "No Room For Boring" and the accompanying videos, ads and promos. The Mayhem look and sound better every time they're brought together! YEAH!!!

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
to me Floyd sounded acceptible while singing, but his speaking voice sounds very off. I miss Jerry.