Scooter in IAVMMCM.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
What was really disturbing was Scooter (alt. universe) dancing in a CAGE...*shudder*
Hahaha, that was actually one of my favorite bits in that whole scene, I LOLed so hard when I saw that because all I could think about is that Scooter must've lost a bet on set, XD.

The most diesturbing bit in that entire scene for me had to be Beaker. Buffed-up bounder Beaker = DO. NOT. WANT. I was like "D: I want my spaghetti-limbs Beaker back!"

We Got Us

Reaction score
I guess what disturbs/drives us into hysterical depends on who our favorite characters are. I hate to see any of them that way. :sigh:

Slackbot

Reaction score
The only reason Scooter was in that cage in Alternate World, was because he was saving up money to become Skeeter.
Do NOT say things like that in front of a cartoonist who is also a Rocky Horror cast veteran. You'll give her ideas. Wonderful, dreadful ideas.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Of course not! They just have uncles. And in the alternate world, Robin doesn't even have that! :stick_out_tongue:
Appears to be the case, doesn't it? lol.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Scooter's role in IAVMMCM in my book was a perfectly legite role. It was not a cameo or even a beefy one, it was a real part. Sure, he wasn't crucial to the film like :smile:, :embarrassed:,:concern:,:mad:, and :rolleyes:, but it was a part. It was, in my eyes, a small supporting role, because he had about 15 lines, and without him managing the show it would'nt have succeded. A cameo in the film would be Bobo the Bear who had 2ish lines and appeared here and there, and Scooter himself had a cameo in MFS. A beefy cameo though is different though a perfect example would be Louis Kwazzagar in GMC. Also let's consider Scooter's movie roles for say prior to his absense in MCC and MTI, and his cameo in MFS. What was really Scooter's role in TMM? Really he only took part in that one scene with the Mayhem and everything else was just background cameos, so I'm willing to bet Scooter's role in TMM was smaller than IAVMMCM. In GMC he fared better, but all he had were some lines of dialouge here and there which would probably be about on the same level as IAVMMCM. In MTM Scooter had a large supporting role, much larger than IAVMMCM what with his scene with Lew and The Swedish Chef. So in all those were his roles in the movies before this and considering what I observed Scoooter had just as big as a role in IAVMMCM as he did in TMM or GMC, and considering he was absent in two muppet films and made a cameo in another one Scooter's role is even larger than it actually is. Kudos to Brian Henson for bringing hjim back to prominence before Tyler Bunch tried him out in MWoO and before David Rudman took him over permanetly.

Peace

Reaction score
I was just thinking about Scooter's role in this the other day. I wasn't a big fan of it, really. It seemed odd that they'd give overtly stereotypical gay mannerisms (I stress the word stereotypical) to Scooter, especially since Richard Hunt was both gay, and had passed on.

It seemed like a bit of a stereotypical jab at Richard Hunt if you ask me. Not from the Muppeteers of course, but the writers. But given that Jim Lewis knows how to write for the Muppets, I'd probably lay the blame on Tom Martin, given that he was apparently brought in by NBC as an in-house script doctor, and rewrote Jim Lewis' script.

I'd be interested to see Jim Lewis' initial script pre-rewrite.

Did anyone else have this interpretation, or am I reading too much into it?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
His lines in the film are numerous.

1."10-4. Bacon down. Bacon down."
2."The ham is jammed. Repeat the ham is jammed."
3."You mean that's not a wig?"
4."Fozzie's right. Kermit, I defer my paycheck. Count me in!"
5."Boss, you are the intro."
6."Santa baby from dooby dooby doo."
7."Kermit, you're on."
8."Anytime, hahahaha."
9."So you girls been dancing a long time?"
10."Hey wait, don't leave. My uncle used to own the theater!"
11."Yes! Great!"
12."Yeah, boss?"
13."I haven't seen Fozzie since he left."

and many more lines that I am forgetting. He was a strong supporting charcter in the film, I felt.

Yeah. His appearance in MFS was a cameo. His role in Ivamicmum or whatever the heck you call it was full fledged Scooter. One of his first big roles since Richard's passing. Now if only they'd do more with Rowlf.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'd say Scooter's here to stay. His prominence in TM2011 and the Toyota ads, to say nothing of a major joke in the first MMW trailer, have me convinced.

I liked Scooter in VMX, even alternate-reality Scooter. For that matter, I liked all the alternate-reality stuff (although I always get a lump in my throat when Kermit discovers the Doc Hopper outlet in the mall's food court).