TV Alert: The Muppets on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Finale February 7

scooterfan360

Reaction score
a big thanks to the one who posted this here i missed this because once again my grandfather wanted to see the news and caused me once again to miss something i wanted to see on tv

cjd874

Reaction score
Great performance from Jimmy Fallon and the Muppets, who are some of my favorite entertainment stars in the world. I couldn't tell whether Jimmy was actually playing the drums or not, but that's a minor quibble. For all I know, the whole thing might have been prerecorded except for Fallon's vocals. The Electric Mayhem is in top form here (Dr. Teeth especially sounds great), but I agree with what some of you have been saying about Janice's voice…it doesn't sound like Richard at all. I also wish that Fozzie and Gonzo could have sung a line each, and that Rowlf could have appeared. I laughed whenever Animal bellowed "AAAANNNDDD!!!" and smiled at the final group shot (with Lips and Robin in the frame, nonetheless!). I would like to see the clip where Jimmy mentions the famous NBC pipes…is it online?

Overall, this is just another example of how the Muppets are really making a great comeback. Super Bowl commercials, late night TV appearances…this makes me even more excited for the new movie.

galagr

Reaction score
I had no idea Matt Vogel had such a good singing voice. Floyd sounded amazing! :sing:

Animal's schtick got annoying pretty quickly, but I've practically come to expect that from him.

I noticed a few people point out that Rowlf and Sam weren't there. To be frank, I'd prefer to see Lips and Robin in this appearance, just because they're not very well known. Seeing them was a welcome surprise.

Heck, with the amount of Lips we've been seeing lately (This appearance, the Lady Gaga special, he has a line in MMW), it looks like those years of pleading to bring him back actually worked!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had no idea Matt Vogel had such a good singing voice. Floyd sounded amazing! :sing:

I know that Vogel is/was part of a band (The Mighty Weaklings). Though I don't know whether his role in that band includes singing.

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
At I wondered if this would just be the Electric Mayhem. In fact during Janice's first shot I thought I saw a glimpse of Lips, but then after the camera widened to show the rest of the band and Lips wasn't shown with them I wondered if I had been seeing things (in fact I still might have, haven't watched it since last night) but the camera didn't get a good shot past Janice. Then more Muppets showed up, and then I saw Lips in the final shot. Hooray!

I'm still very tired from being up to watch this, but it was worth it. The Muppets should be Jimmy Kimmel's first guests on The Tonight Show (and they should have followed him out the studio doors). And when Kimmel left the stage to leave the building, I wondered if Sweetums or Thog would show up backstage.

I saw an ad saying Will Smith would be Jimmy Fallon's first guest on the new Tonight Show but with any luck Jimmy will have them on again before the film comes out! I think it would have been awesome if the Electric Mayhem followed Jimmy Fallon to his new Tonight Show stage. The Electric Mayhem could replace that other band he has called "The Roots". I would watch Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show every night if the Mayhem gang became his permanent band on The Tonight Show! :big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :cool: :halo:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the song that they did, but would it have been cool if they did "Saying Goodbye" on Late Night, and then sang "Together Again" on the new Tonight Show?

Anyways Good luck Jimmy I will be watching your first Tonight Show for sure. :flirt:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
There are a few hundred reasons why this was amazing but I'll whittle it down to a few:

*Jimmy's earnest, almost emotional, description of NBC's Muppet Pipes (and Frank Oz's re-discovery of them)
*Jimmy's plugging of MMW and mentioning that he doesn't have a cameo in a voice that teeters between "just pulling your leg, I'm not upset" and "I would DIE for a Muppet movie cameo"
*The choice of an ADULT performance of an ADULT song, which is something The Muppets (and particularly The Electric Mayhem) have always done beautifully despite non-Muppet fans' insistence to the contrary
*The loving shot-by-shot tribute to The Last Waltz (which I had never seen and therefore didn't recognize until it was pointed out earlier on this thread)
*Terrific vocals from everybody, especially Whitmire as Kermit, Jacobsen as Piggy ("ANNNND" Animal), Baretta as Dr. Teeth and Pepe (Baretta has an incredible vocal range, doesn't he?), Vogel as Floyd (BEST EVER), Linz as Walter, and Rudman as Scooter and Janice (I know he's still working out the kinks on Janice - I'm willing to be patient on this one, fer shure, rully...)
*The audience cheering every time a new Muppet showed up, with the biggest cheer for Kermit
*Subtle touches like the Muppets adjusting their mics (particularly Dr. Teeth)
*The Muppets were not only doing the song with Jimmy, they were totally in on the "Hey, where's he going?" segue between Late Night and The Tonight Show to wrap it up
*And, I always had a soft spot for "The Weight."

Marvellous. Well done, everybody. As an isolated performance or the latest piece of The Great Muppet Wave of 2014, this is a moment that deserves its own special place in Muppet history. :smile: :smile: :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There are a few hundred reasons why this was amazing but I'll whittle it down to a few:

*Jimmy's earnest, almost emotional, description of NBC's Muppet Pipes (and Frank Oz's re-discovery of them)
*Jimmy's plugging of MMW and mentioning that he doesn't have a cameo in a voice that teeters between "just pulling your leg, I'm not upset" and "I would DIE for a Muppet movie cameo"
*The choice of an ADULT performance of an ADULT song, which is something The Muppets (and particularly The Electric Mayhem) have always done beautifully despite non-Muppet fans' insistence to the contrary
*The loving shot-by-shot tribute to The Last Waltz (which I had never seen and therefore didn't recognize until it was pointed out earlier on this thread)
*Terrific vocals from everybody, especially Whitmire as Kermit, Jacobsen as Piggy ("ANNNND" Animal), Baretta as Dr. Teeth and Pepe (Baretta has an incredible vocal range, doesn't he?), Vogel as Floyd (BEST EVER), Linz as Walter, and Rudman as Scooter and Janice (I know he's still working out the kinks on Janice - I'm willing to be patient on this one, fer shure, rully...)
*The audience cheering every time a new Muppet showed up, with the biggest cheer for Kermit
*Subtle touches like the Muppets adjusting their mics (particularly Dr. Teeth)
*The Muppets were not only doing the song with Jimmy, they were totally in on the "Hey, where's he going?" segue between Late Night and The Tonight Show to wrap it up
*And, I always had a soft spot for "The Weight."

Marvellous. Well done, everybody. As an isolated performance or the latest piece of The Great Muppet Wave of 2014, this is a moment that deserves its own special place in Muppet history. :smile: :smile: :smile:
This is a really good posting and summary. I thought Fallon's story of the Muppet pipes in the closet was great and really demonstrated that The Muppets weren't just another guest on his show but that they were special. He certainly seemed like a big fan of the Muppets and I have no doubt he'll have them on again. And this time it will be on THE TONIGHT SHOW!!! A much bigger audience and a chance to reach out to new fans.