Sesame Street Overload!

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Don't be sorry.. it's fun to make fun of ugly 70s stuff (and you have to admit most of it is pretty ugly.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
We have much better toy making technology these days that gives more detail where we didn't before. That stuff's ugly because it's some of the first things they released. While modern Sesame toys have a unified cute look to them, they're much better looking than some of the first things they released. I mean, look at the Macy's Grover plush from a decade ago. That's one of the finest Sesame Street plush I've ever seen.

But seriously... whoever shot that picture, the one thing I think he did wrong was showing how the Cookie Monster thing was a bean bag toss game by having one hanging out. Still looks like he's puking.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Way back in the 70's, Sears had a line of Sesame plush. This was in the ancient days when they actually had a toy department, as well as publishing their annual Christmas catalog, the holy Wish Book. Their plush Cookie was halfway decent,
Grover was okay, but Big Bird was a yellow nightmare.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Jeez! Sorry for sharing this. Everyone seems to hate it.​
Thanks for sharing it! I LOVE it!:smile::big_grin:
I don't think any of these '70s items look all that bad- they look like some great Sesame Street items to me- I don't think they're really all that ugly or anything.
I've seen that Plaid Stallions blog before- they have a lot of cool stuff on there.:super:
I'm particularly interested in seeing this Kermit toy included with Sesame Street merchandise in this advertisement- looks like another item to be added to the Muppet Wiki.:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Jeez! Sorry for sharing this. Everyone seems to hate it.

We don't hate it. We just think it's creepy compared to SS merchandise of today. If I was a kid playing with those in the 70s it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. I'm glad you posted that. I think it's an interesting piece of nostalgia.