Palisades style Mini Muppet project update thread

MWoO

Reaction score
Thank you guys very much. In a few days I'll be finishing the painting, I'm just waiting on some krylon matte finish sealer which I hope arrives Thursday or Friday, if not tomorrow. In the meantime I'm figuring out the joint system for sal and future figure.

Dearth is a huge help and sent me a picture of the palisades sal figure next to Johnny Fiama for scale, which I was then able to run through life sizer so now I have a scale to work with, where before I was just going to eyeball it. I'll be starting on Sal as soon as I get the skeleton back from being 3d printed. I'm skipping my kermit idea because the Constantine mini that comes in the new MMW figure set is basically the same thing.

Bean sounds like a good idea. I like his design. And of course the fraggles! I have another old project I am going to bring back, but more on that when it happens. If it works out then my next figure after sal will be a Sesame Street character.

Dearth

Reaction score
Yeah, that pic of Sal next to Johnny was always my favorite. Don't remember where I first saw it, but I couldn't hit right-click-and-save fast enough.

Looking forward to seeing you finally re-create what Palisades had planned. It's going to be magnificent!

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Another item I really wish Palisades had produced was the alien pack-in for the proposed Swinetrek accessory set.

Based on the onion-headed little guys from the Jonathan Winters episode, I would have bought two of this set in a flash!

Add that one to my MWoO wish list!

Alex

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Can't wait to see these items progress very exciting stuff its like the return of Palisades. I'm silly I didn't realise 3d printers could actually help make articulated action figures looks like I might have to find one in the future. Can' wait to see who that Sesame Street character a feat of engineering if it was Big Bid lol. I don't know why and I hope i'm not the only one who would want to see the Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz country trio puppets they'd be cool. Maybe even Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, Annie Sue or Digit. And of course the other obvious suggestion is Bobo.

MWoO

Reaction score
3d printing is really cool for projects and such. It comes in handy when you need small uniform parts but don't want to spend the time/money on equipment to make them. It could also be used to make action figure accessories as well. Plus it just makes for some cool designs.

I don't own a printer myself, but I do use a printing site called Shapeways.com. I even have a small shop that I am currently starting to populate with Muppet stuff. http://shpws.me/qQm3 I just put up a Kermit pendant:

And will have more up soon such as Fozzie, Beaker, Bunsen, Statler and Waldorf, etc. Whats nice about this site is all production costs and processes are handled by them. All sales will help fund supplies for the future muppet figure projects (ie: paints, brushes, sealer, etc a pressure pot which I desperately need, etc) I'm hoping to one day get my own 3d printer because I have the makings of a 3d model for the Sesame Street play set that I would love to print and paint.

MWoO

Reaction score
Another item I really wish Palisades had produced was the alien pack-in for the proposed Swinetrek accessory set.

Based on the onion-headed little guys from the Jonathan Winters episode, I would have bought two of this set in a flash!

Add that one to my MWoO wish list!

Alex
This episode was actually the one I watched most as a kid. It was the only one I had recorded on VHS and I watched it over and over again. I love the song these two do with Scooter and Fozzie.

:embarrassed::wink:: "He kissed?"
Aliens: Who did?
:embarrassed::wink:: "He did?
Aliens: "Where?!"

These may be on the list after, or even at the same time as, Sal. Probably non-articulated.

Dearth

Reaction score
Crossing my fingers!

Conversely, I don't remember ever seeing the Jonathan Winters episode, and have only watched it recently thanks to YouTube.

My favorite part of the entire episode was Winters improvising with all the hats in the trunk. I've been doing improv comedy for over ten years now, and although I didn't really think JW's ideas were all that hilarious, when Fozzie would praise him and Winters would ad lib a self-deprecating remark, that just slayed me.

Yeah, non-articulated Alien pack-ins were probably what Palisades had in mind too. Although having their shoulders articulated would have been cool.

Alex

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Agreed there the aliens would of made a really nice addition to the palisades muppet line Suprised palisades didn't include one in the swinetrek as a pack in kinda like what they did with the talking cake and the gorilla detector. They certainly were nice designs. I wonder what the scale would be for these guys though would they be smaller than the chickens or would they be as tall as their frog scout Robin figure. Another figure that I would love to of seen palisades tackle was Louis Kazzager he was a great design and would they would be able to make him to stand with his big nose. I feel Seymour, Waldo, Droop and Nigel would of made great additions why oh why did palisades have to leave us so soon.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think the aliens would be somewhere around penguin or Gonzo size. Certainly bigger than a chicken I think.

I really want to do a mini Nigel, TMS version that is. Perhaps in a trench coat. After all, he was the first host of what would be known as the muppet show. I think Droop and MT Nigel are basically the same, except Nigel has a head set and a vest I believe. Plus Nigel is a bit brighter. If I were to do one I would certainly do the other as it's an easy transformation, but he isn't high on my list.

Anyhoo (as Clifford would say) here is a small update on the Fozzie project. My supplies came in so I was able to go forward with the painting. I have 5 almost totally ready to go, with a 6th that is half done. I fixed a few of the colors, made the fur a bit lighter as well as the nose which I think I finally got right. We're almost at the final stage!

I've decided that Sal will have the same articulation as series 2 Fozzie with slightly curved arms, no elbow articulation, ball jointed neck and shoulders, and maybe v-cut hips. It will make things much easier and faster and its all he really needs I think.

Any thoughts from you guys? Feedback is always welcome.

Dearth

Reaction score
My jaw is in my lap. It's like looking at a factory assembly line, yet I know it's all painted by hand. Amazing.

Alex