Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Remember that lovely grace period where we didn't have to worry about "parody" movies? Well... apparently there's something called "The Starving Games," which I can only think of being the same "let's reference everything we can in 90 minutes and look like a bad cable sketch comedy" film. Mainly because the description actually said that also included Harry Potter and The Avengers (as the movies are exactly the same plot line, right?) because "no one is safe." Yeah, no one is safe for toothless, unfunny, Big Lipped Alligator Moment style pop culture gags. Family Guy cut scenes are written with more depth and make more sense.
Unfortunately, Seltzerturd is also planning on releasing Best Night Ever this year, supposedly. Next year is a "spoof" of Fast & Furious called Superfast. :rolleyes:

They usually make a lot of money due to their cheap budgets and their being released early in the year, but thanks to Disaster Movie literally being a box office disaster compared to past movies, they've scaled back until recently. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The funny thing is, I can't even tell is the Starving Games is even a Freberg Selzter film. On the other hand, that pamphlet seems to be the only mention of that movie I've ever heard. It would have been all over the internet and garnering hate otherwise. I've seen no promotion of it, and this listing goes all the way to the Christmas movie releases. Sounds like there's no promotion whatsoever. I almost thought it was a fake at one point.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I saw a commercial for Walking with Dinosaurs. At first I was getting really excited because OMG DINOSAURS WITH SORT OF PRETTY ANIMATION!!!111

And then the dinosaurs talked -_-

And you know what the last quotes of the trailer were?
"This must be what fear smells like" "Sorry" (or something) and "I think I just stepped in fear."

Really? REALLY?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh. Sounds like someone's trying to be that lousy Disney Dinosaur movie.

Well, not "The Good Dinosaur" by Pixar (I have to admit, the behind the scenes shake ups aren't too promising)- that awful one Disney made back in 2000. Seems like the Dinos do not need to talk, but they realized no one's going to see a film where no one talks and tossed in terrible dialogue and gags last minute. Exactly the same thing Disney did with their movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And you know what the last quotes of the trailer were?
"This must be what fear smells like" "Sorry" (or something) and "I think I just stepped in fear."

Really? REALLY?
I can understand children finding that funny (though I never did, even as a child, hehe). It's when adults laugh that I pity the world, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, that seems like a line that could work in some action movie of some kind (wouldn't be the stupidest thing you'd hear in one), but it just comes off as "let's make a poo joke for the 5 year olds."

And something tells me that joke is far more sophisticated than anything they're going to shove into "The Starving Games."

What I want to see is a parody movie that actually parodies something. Not just clumsily referencing a bunch of at the moment references without making any jokes. Something that makes fun of one exact film or type of film and follows the thread of making fun of one thing coherently and critically. I mean, look at Young Frankenstein. That was a parody movie, and it's one of the best movies there is period. I actually prefer Young Frankenstein to Frankenstein.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think I'm more offended that its called Walking with Dinosaurs, which is the same name as a very well made and excellent documentary about dinosaurs. And whats worse is the commercial makes it seem that way at first and then halfway through, BOOM.

If this is made by the same people who made the documentary series...wow...what happened?

Because it is obviously not a documentary and having semi-photorealistic dinos talking also makes it slightly disturbing to me for some reason.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me that I should expect to see it on the TV Tropes Executive Meddling Page in due time. Something tells me the producers of the documentary wanted a serious documentary, but the film studio wanted a dumb film to take kids to. I can only guess if it was supposed to be a Mockbuster to The Good Dinosaur.

Clearly in 2 cases (like I said, Disney's the other) someone thinks the film going public is too stupid to enjoy a film where no one talks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as it's equal parts pathetic and hilarious that Ken Vessleman keeps trying to make Oogieloves a thing, I've kinda given up caring until he actually gets funding for another project. I'm thinking a DTV Redbox type thing at best.

What I find bizarre is that I've not even heard a faint whisper of Last Flight of the Champion since the film premiered. Not a wikipedia article, not even a TVTropes mention let alone a page (I'd think that we should have seen a So Bad it's Good/So Bad It's Horrible entry by now).... Oogieloves is known for being a HUGE failure. I don't think Last Flight of the Champion was meant to leave the single Texas town that they showed it in.