What's the most FUN episode of The Muppet Show?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The Spike Milligan episode, you could tell that everyone was having a blast doing it. The "around-the-world" theme also created some funny moments (Spike and Sam having that American/British arguement).

tutter_fan

Reaction score
The Spike Milligan episode definitely comes to mind. The "Muppet News International" was the most funniest part of the episode. I also thought that the "Oklahoma" music number (I think it was from the Spike Milligan episode) was H I L A R I O U S!!!!!

cjd874

Reaction score
I'd have to say the Rita Moreno episode was really fun. You could tell Rita had a blast, especially with her overly stereotypical character on the Discussion Panel. She even stifled a laugh during the "Fever" number where Animal mercilessly upstages her.
I also thought Elton John's appearance was great, as well as Harry Belafonte (Banana Boat Song is one of the best things EVER shown on TMS), Spike Milligan, Lynda Carter, and the John Cleese & Peter Sellers episodes (offbeat British humor for the win!).

Has anyone mentioned the Rudolf Nureyev episode? That one is a lot of fun...not only do the Muppets & Nureyev spoof Shakespeare, opera, and Broadway, but we see one of Sam the Eagle's finest performances. And Gilda Radner's episode was hilarious as well, especially with the superglue storyline.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For me it's probably Star Wars since they're almost making a joke of the whole guest star concept, lol.

Bridget

Reaction score
Definitely when Kermit "fires" Miss Piggy. I literally ROLL on my bedroom floor in need of professional help whenever I see this episode!

Scooter: Congratulations Chief!
Kermit: On what?
Scooter: Well, that photographer said that you were going to be on the cover of that big gossip paper, Tongue Magazine!
Kermit: (gasp)
Scooter: Yeah, that found out that you and Miss Piggy were secretely married last year in Vegas!
Kermit: What?! Piggy?! PigGY?!!
Piggy: Yes, yes mon cheri?
Kermit: Piggy have you been planting items about us in the gossip papers again?
Piggy: Um, ugh, what would make you think a thing like that?
Kermit: That photographer! He was from Tounge Magazine!
Piggy: Oh, um, well maybe a teeny, tiny item!
Kermit: It was a cover story about us being secretly married!
Piggy: That is a slight exaggeration!
Kermit: THAT'S A BALD FACE LIE PIGGY! I WILL NOT STAND AROUND WHILE YOU DO DUMB THINGS LIKE THAT PIGGY! YOU HAVE DONE THAT TO ME TOO MANY TIMES PIGGY! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!
Piggy: Well, what are you going to do?
Kermit: I TELL YOU WHAT I AM GOING TO DO PIGGY, I AM GOING TO FIRE YOU! PIGGY YOU ARE FIRED! YOU ARE FIRED! YOU ARE FIRED PIGGY, YOU ARE FIRED! FIRED!
Piggy: You are kidding!
Kermit: I AM NOT KIDDING!
Piggy: But, I'm in the next number!
Kermit: I WILL CANCEL- C- C- (pushes button) CANCEL THE NEXT NUMBER!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The James Coco one (Short people got no reason to live :grr:) plus the Duddley Moore episode with M.A.M.A and :sympathy: AND:sing: talk, mhy two favorite muppets!! My favorite episode is Christopher Reeve with VH, Sam's Song, the muppet labs where bunsen gets a crush on beaker and just Christopher is awesome. HM: John Clese

snichols1973

Reaction score
I like the Mac Davis episode where Statler & Waldorf sing:

♫ Why do we always come here?
I guess we'll never know
It's like some kind of torture
To have to watch the show! ♫

Things really get zany when Beaker gets sucked into the copying machine and a whole bunch of Beaker clones start taking over the stage.

I like when Mac and Link are backstage, and they sing "It's Hard To Be Humble", a song which seems to describe Link to a "T".

The closing credits feature the Baeker clones taking over the orchestra pit while playing the closing theme, and two more Beaker clones are sitting in Statler & Waldorf's balcony seats.