What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah Jessica Simpson, that's it, indirectly exploit your bastard children and make it seem like you did the world a favor with an act of humanity...

CountFan1998

Reaction score
My drama class teacher decided to do a pop culture quiz and one of the questions was the following: What do Yoda and Fozzie Bear have in common?

My answer: Frank Oz
The "correct" answer:They are both Muppets

I lost first prize because apparently I, "don't know a thing about the Muppet universe," and because my teacher is the freaking queen of knowledge.

Pfft, please. As if anyone in my town is up to my level of Muppet expertise.
I am so steaming mad reading that... :rolleyes: I clearly would've said Frank Oz, but I guess it's like the general acceptance of how ANYTHING Muppet-y is for babies... :mad: Besides, the fact that they called you out for not knowing anything about Muppets is ridiculous... It's like saying Einstein knows nothing about math just because his theory of relativity had just ONE flaw... Ridiculousness... :stick_out_tongue:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
my mom and my stupid sisters think that im going to remain in this dinky lame town that i live in for the rest of my freaking life and that im never going to leave and think that im going to stay and put up with their crap for the rest of my life i told them that i was leaving town and they laughed

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
So, I'm bilingual, my first language being Spanish and I can write and speak both rather well. So, I sent my mother a text message in Spanish, thinking it'd be easier for her to interpret, keep in mind, Spanish is also her first language but, she's lived here in the US for 30+ years, and then, she calls me and claimed she was very confused as to what I had texted her...

I called my abuela (my grandmother, my mom's mom) and read her my text message , and she clearly understood the point I was trying to make and what I was trying to say; we came to the conclusion that my mom just can't get with most things in English or Spanish -_-

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I was hanging out with a couple of my friends (both of them, female) today after class. I happened to be wearing this jacket: http://www.stylinonline.com/track-jacket-sesame-street-all-faces.html

One of my friends blurted out how awesome the jacket was and noted that Elmo is the only missing from it. This led to her and the other girl I was hanging out with talking about how Elmo is literally the only reason why they love Sesame Street. I asked them what they had against the other characters. One of them was all like "Well, Cookie Monster's OK except for the fact that he doesn't usually share his cookies! The other characters are..." (I'm sure you all get the general idea.) This whole convo got me to thinking...

Now, it's one thing for a toddler to think that Elmo is the only likeable part of the show, but for college students to talk like that? I know everyone has their own input, but still. College kids thinking that Elmo is the only character worth being on Sesame Street?

Does anyone else feel the same way about this?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
My mother...

See, my abuela (my grandma, my mom's mom), has me as a guest in her home because she literally has not seen me in week because I was at college, am finally on break and my abuela and I are very close and we like to watch movies together.

Anyway, yes, I'm a bit sleep-deprived due to finals week (even though it's passed, I'm still having trouble falling back into a regular sleep pattern but I'm getting there) so, I was taking a nap in my room here.

My mom's house is just down the street so, I'm not actually that far away from home. Now, there I am, taking my nap, finally relaxing and actually starting to feel like I'm on break and can enjoy it when the door slams open and I hear:

"HI BABY!"

It was my mom and now, I know my abuela called her and told her I was asleep, even before I was legitimately asleep because she wanted to prevent something like this from happening. But, nope.

My mom didn't seem to care and when I calmly expressed that I was trying to sleep I got this:

"OH, YOU'RE ASLEEP? OH! I'M SO SORRY! I CAN'T BELIEVE I WOKE UP MY BABY, GAH!"

And then my mom kept going on like that, at the top of her lungs...

I tried to get back to sleep, but she kept screaming about that, my abuela even tried to get her to stop and pretty much asked her to leave but she didn't let up with the making noise.

It amazes me that my mom pulls something like this on the one hand when she gets so mad if I don't tell her before hand that I'll be entering a room at our house yet, she feels like she has some privilege beyond all else and can just barge into rooms and open previously closed doors...and she wonders why she isn't very welcome at family functions...

Either way, I'm rolling my eyes over and over about this because to a point I'm not surprised which is pretty frustrating and to another point, I'm not at all surprised and can't believe my mother feels like this is okay and that further strengthens my theories about how she lacks accurate communication skills. D<

Slackbot

Reaction score
At the top of my news page today: a video in which a fifteen-year-old Justin Bieber tells a racist joke.

Does anyone have an image of the Comic Book Guy reading a newspaper or looking at a sews website? I want to add the words "Slowest news day ever."

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
People who try to give parenting advice when their not parents at all. I'm sorry but unless you have kids then your advice is mute to me. And no working with kids or being a nanny IMO does NOT count! Also my motto is when I want your advice I'll ask for it. I hate know it alls. I'll raise my daughter how I see fit thank you.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
People who try to give parenting advice when their not parents at all. I'm sorry but unless you have kids then your advice is mute to me. And no working with kids or being a nanny IMO does NOT count! Also my motto is when I want your advice I'll ask for it. I hate know it alls. I'll raise my daughter how I see fit thank you.
Happened again, huh?