New Sesame Street Post Breakfast Cereals

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I actually ate a box of the Big Bird cereal myself.....I agree with the comments about Cheerios tasting better than this....... but then- it is aimed at toddlers after all and needs to cut down on the sugar of course. Well- it's nice to see Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster on cereal boxes anyway.:wisdom::laugh::insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly the problem. You can't have all this sugar in toddler cereals, but sugar is what gives things flavor. It's like eating an unsweetened baker's bar. It tastes like nothing because there's no sugar in it.

dinoboy

Reaction score
I still think that Kellogg's version of the cereal looked better and probably would've tasted better than the Post's version. Maybe it would've contained a prize like Sesame Street character cards, stickers, or fun cereal box cut outs. I miss the days when cereal boxes had cool prizes offered inside the box. I think that these days the cereal companies had eased up on the prizes because of the extra costs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I miss the days when cereal boxes had cool prizes offered inside the box. I think that these days the cereal companies had eased up on the prizes because of the extra costs.
I got some Star Wars pens and Dreamworks cartoon DVD's that say different. Yeah, they still do put stuff in cereal boxes, but it's mostly just General Mills. I hate when they sneak the stuff into the bigger more expensive boxes of cereal, though.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to this cereal? The Big Lots by us used to sell them, but I didn't see it in the cereal isle anymore? Did the cereal not sell very well, or are they ordering more stock of the cereal from the factory to sell In their store?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They were HUGE boxes of unappetizing cereal.

Uber health food nuts wouldn't be caught dead buying something that doesn't have a bunch of meaningless buzz words on the package for their little snot eating tykes. And everyone else probably had a horrible time trying to get their kids to eat flavorless, exceedingly low sugar cereal (that has less sugar than even the healthiest of adult breakfast cereals...even Bran Flakes have High Fructose Corn Syrup).