Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
The Ernie and Bert episode is on Sesamestreet.org! I just finished watching it and im so glad that Ernie and Bert are back on a street story! It defently is funny and has a few short songs and Elmo kind of plays a minor character for once.
It's corny to say, but as great as it is to finally watch the first Ernie & Bert story in two years or so, it's made all the better by featuring most of the seasoned performers (Steve, Eric, Kevin, Joey, etc.) all working together. It's just fantastic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This truly was an epic episode worth the wait. Classic Ernie and Bert format (Ernie goads a reluctant Bert into doing something and Bert gets too into it as soon as Ernie's moved on)... just all around a fun episode to start to close the season off with. Much better than that mid-season slump we've had with... well, you know what 2 episodes, I don't need to repeat.

But LOVED that they got away with referencing that smutty fan fiction book. Seems Bert's version is better written to boot.

Great to see Count VonCount as the word of the day Muppet. I'm so glad they've branched out of Elmo, Abby, and Murray. I was tired of "Abby turns celebrity into thing and celebrity is only slightly annoyed by it."

Liked seeing Spider-Monster again, but this sketch should be retired after this use. Spider-Man the Musical has ended for good a month or so ago. I really would like to see them do more with Spider-Monster, actually. I just see Mr. Johnson as a J. Jonah Jameson type.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Well, I've been waiting for the "Lights, Camera, Bert!" episode for months, and my waiting has finally paid off. Besides the "Count Tribute" and "Still Life with Cookie" episode, this is my favorite episode of the season. Steve and Eric still carry a similar chemistry that Frank and Jim carry for over 20 years, and I'm happy to still hear Kevin's Elmo. Other highlights were the Count-Forest Whitaker skit (nice homage to the Amazing Mumford's "A la peanut butter sandwiches"), the Two-Headed Monster sketch, and a re-airing of the "Spider-Monster" sketch and the "Lord of the Crumbs" parody. Murray also interviewed a dancing instructor teaching a class, which was nice all the more. Great episode!

cahuenga

Reaction score
I would love to see more episodes like The Flood or Super Maria! it brings the classic sesame to this days..I think they should involve Susan and Bob in more episodes and let them to be around the new characters like Mando or Leela..also I hope to see the Count more often now as Matt Vogel is avalaible...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Liked seeing Spider-Monster again, but this sketch should be retired after this use. Spider-Man the Musical has ended for good a month or so ago. I really would like to see them do more with Spider-Monster, actually. I just see Mr. Johnson as a J. Jonah Jameson type.

Why they've never done a bit with Mr. Johnson and Super Grover is beyond me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This truly was an epic episode worth the wait. Classic Ernie and Bert format (Ernie goads a reluctant Bert into doing something and Bert gets too into it as soon as Ernie's moved on)...
Yeah. That's always been a classic bit. It's nice that they made a street scene out of that.

Why they've never done a bit with Mr. Johnson and Super Grover is beyond me.
That would be interesting and I thought about it before myself. I think Matt could do a good Mr. J. if given the chance. I do have to agree with whatshisname said about referencing a more current movie, but that's more or less what "Crumby Pictures" is for. I don't know.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But yeah, today's episode was awesome. I'm a little upset they set all the E&B stuff in the park and not their apartment anymore, but whatever. It kind of worked for this. It was basically an extended Ernie and Bert sketch. The songs were okay; I preferred the orchestration of Bert's version. Plus, 50 Shades of Oatmeal is great (I never even heard of "Ecru" before this).

Also, this is most likely the last storyline we'll be getting with Kevin doing Elmo, both voice and puppetry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the strangest feeling this street story was produced with the intention of dubbing it for international consumption (Germany especially). Probably why it was in the park and why there were no street humans in it. Not that they needed to be.

I just wish they'd show more of that foreign content over here. Seems all the Ernie and Bert stuff is for everyone but us.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's episode was awesome! 50 Shades of Oatmeal cracks me up, Ernie and Elmo interact for the first time in years, Joey gave a great performance as the squirrel, the songs were good. Everything about it was wonderful! Also, it's bittersweet because, this is the last time Steve and Kevin worked together. I hope they spend time with each other after they filmed this, cause neither of them knew this would be the last time they'd see each other. The WOTD was great because, it was the first one with the Count. Matt is doing a fantastic job. The new MHALL tune-ins were very good. Very fitting for Black History Month. Overall, great episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Also, it's bittersweet because, this is the last time Steve and Kevin worked together.
Yeah. That is sad, unless Kevin comes back to do some work for Muppets. It would be nice to see another Kermit/Clifford interaction. You never know.