Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are my videos THAT freaking bad that I get such a low view count? or is Youtube's crappy homepages preventing any of my subscribers from knowing I uploaded anything.

Either way, I'm getting REAL mad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
or is Youtube's crappy homepages preventing any of my subscribers from knowing I uploaded anything.
YES! YES, YES YES!!! That's exactly what the problem is! Ever since YT created this crappy homepage, my videos have seen a drastic drop in views, you know why? Because people aren't freakin' aware that I had been uploading new entries!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, I don't get too many views anyway. Everything struggles to stay in triple digits. But at least most of my stuff makes it that far in at least 2 weeks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back in the early days, I was able to earn upwards of 100 views or so, and 10 or so comments within the first 24 hours of posting something new. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I get up to 20 views, and maybe 5 generic comments within the first week of upload.

I know I shouldn't hold my breath, but it appears YT may have finally fixed the history problem.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
History's broken again, and it has something to do with that red loading bar at the top of the page, whatever purpose that red loading bar serves.

Oh, and guess what? Google won't assist you or offer you support... unless you PAY them. No really.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a new one that YT has actually admitted to (yes, for once, they actually admitted that they created this problem): so, whenever you go to add a video to your favorites, then you go to your favorites, it looks like it isn't there right? That's because now, for whatever reason, whenever you add a video to your favorites, it goes to the very bottom of the playlist... so like, you have to search all the way back to the first videos you ever favorited, then you'll find the vids you recently favorited before those.

But, in order to avoid this, whenever you go to favorite a vid, you have actually check a box that says, "Add to top of list" to keep your favorites in the order of which you favorited them.

And again, for once, YT has admitted to causing this screw up... they didn't say why they did it, but for once, they at least said they did it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Not only is the history broken again (how did I know this would happen?), but once again, getting subscription updates from 4, 5, and 6 years ago.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I hate the new favorites.
What do you hate about it? I don't see a problem with it.

(On a similar note, I've always disliked how you can no longer see thumbnails for deleted videos in your favorites.)