TV Alert: Gonzo on Jimmy Kimmel Live 3/3

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you guys wanted a clip from the movie, you should have watched Tina Fay's appearance on Jimmy Fallon while Kimmel was still chatting to Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford. I'm sure both appearances are already up on the appropriate Facetube or Hoodoo sites. :concern:

ploobis

Reaction score
It was really great seeing Gonzo on Jimmy Kimmel! :concern:

I myself have gotten use to Gonzo's new look. At first I was like "What happened to Gonzo?" but the more I saw with that puppet I've gotten use to Gonzo's new look. Muppet characters evolve all the time and I'm use to it.

When they rebuilt Sam Eagle I did not like how his eyebrows were too bushy and how his mouth didn't open wide enough, but ever since the 2011 Muppets movie Sam looks a lot better now. I mean you compare today's Sam with the MFS Sam you'll say that he looks better today! :attitude:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Sorry to be the first to mention it, but Gonzo's movements seemed...awkward and off. Almost like an RC puppet, but clearly not. It just felt weird

terrimonster

Reaction score
I think some of it was that Dave was in a bad position. He was obviously having a hard time reaching around the chair to move Gonzo's arm; I think it was also making it hard to move his head and mouth. I would guess that's why Gonzo's head was always turned to the left. They probably set up the chair without fully testing the logistics of puppeteering through it.