Dealing with depression and anxiety

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I could see that helping, sometimes when I was nervous at school just talking to my roommate or friend helped me calm down, even if it was over something as silly or insignificant as what classes we had to go to tomorrow or something we watched on TV. Hope it will work for you.

I put on the television and at least started the intro of my paper; I am very passionate about my topic and it's helping bring up my mood to write :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I put on the television and at least started the intro of my paper; I am very passionate about my topic and it's helping bring up my mood to write :smile:
I feel for you. I guess I was really lucky. I only had two rough semesters in college and the rest was smooth sailing.

I know college can be rough, but hang in there. Maybe you could even write a paper about how you're feeling (and how you got through it). Could inspire others, and could impress your professor. And it might make you feel better. (I tried all this once, and it happened to work).

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Okay, I had been great until the boys that live down the hall started with us. They have been slamming their door, they put a garbage can in front of our door to block and one of the gals in my suite is in a sorority and they ripped the paper craft that her sisters left her during recruitment.

They squirted lotion all over our door and I cleaned it up if only to try and get them to leave us alone, they kept slamming their door, they kept cat-calling us and screaming and I lost it and screamed and cussed back (kinda lost it and went into Spanish insults and cusses)

I have a midterm tomorrow in Comm and am nervous as is and now I'm more nervous because I'm so shaken from all off the tomfoolery and just want it all to end and they keep pushing and I'm coughing badly now and am hoping I'm not having an asthma attack and I'm also hoping I don't lose my dinner :frown:

My roomie is next door basically telling them off but, I don't know how much better that will make it. My throat hurts from yelling and I just want to cry and go see my best friend and see if I can't study in his room, but, I don't want to risk getting yelled at and cat-called as I go. (My bestie lives on the next floor up)

No one wants to get our RA involved, but, our RA runs a club which I'm part of and I may say something tomorrow at our club meeting...But, I don't want to seem like a tattletale, but, the thing is; we're at college. I don't care if we're freshman, we are adults and some people should start acting like it!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Sorry to double-post but everything is okay now, college boys are just very immature.

They won't be trying to mess with me ever again, I scared them which is good and bad I guess, but, really. They tap danced all over my last nerve and maybe I went a little crazy, but, point is they will not be bothering me again.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yikes, sounds like some real idiots live on your floor, I don't blame you for being frustrated. I'm glad that you were able to take care of things and hopefully they don't interfere with you and your roommate again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If they continue to block your door, your RA does need to get involved. That is dangerous.

Worrying about being a tattletale is something children do. As you say, you are adults now. :smile:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :smile:
I'm seeing my RA in a bit to drop off something we need for a club event, so, I'll talk to her then.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Today I did manage to get some work done which I should be pleased about but I'm really not.

The staff at college were once again a disorganised mess with our class and I just kinda gave up on them and went off to do some other stuff I had be meaning to do. However, I was in the computer room while there was a class going on, which no one minded, but the environment of the class made me feel really unsafe and panicky and I think I nearly had a sensory overload with the smell of their coffee.

I also haven't been in the mood for eating lunch lately because I'm constantly reminded how expensive food is all the time.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That stinks about feeling uncomfortable and having an anxiety attack in the computer lab, hopefully since then you've been able to get to a quieter place to try and calm down. It always is unfair when the administrative staff at your school doesn't have things together, since it always makes things much harder for the students. Hope you feel better soon.