The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone else besides me noticed that out of all the characters, Simon's voice is never really consistent? All you have to do is watch random episodes of the 80s cartoon for evidence: he starts out sounding like an only slightly lower version of Alvin, midway through the series (as well as THE CHIPMUNK ADVENTURE) there's less squeakiness to his voice and almost sounds like a high-pitched kid, then in later episodes his voice is much deeper and more deadpan (and kind of nasally too). The last I heard Ross and Janice doing the voices, which was the "Ho Ho Ho" song, Simon now sounds just like Alvin, but the only way you can tell them apart is Simon's speech pattern is obviously more articulate than Alvin's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching I <3 THE CHIPMUNKS VALENTINES SPECIAL last night, and something odd caught my attention... doesn't the opening theme song to the special sound a little like the DAYS OF OUR LIVES theme? Like if they were to actually do a spoof or parody of DOOL, this is what they would use.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh. Not too bad, actually.

I rather like the style for Alvin here. Much better looking than the movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the latest update is that apparently, this series is set to air in every region of the world in 2015... except North America (and Brazil). Nickelodeon international has picked up the series for it's 2015, however, there's no indication that this series will be seen in North America, or if it will, what channel or network will pick it up (though, I've heard unsubstainiated rumors that it may air on the Hub).

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is what I hate about the state of animated series in this country. Short run in Peru of characters we've created. Lucky Luke? Yeah, I get that it wouldn't air in the US (especially the Leaky Leaky episode... even the Canadian dub is shockingly offensive, maybe worse than the French version). But you got a franchise that had 3 movies that were bigger successes than they should have been. You mean to tell me that no American cartoon broadcaster wants to touch that?

Oh, and I forgot to say, I did actually see a little of the third movie over Christmas. I can't vouch for it being that good, or that bad since I only saw like one scene before changing it. But in the entire franchise of films, this was the only time I saw Jason Lee's Dave show any kind of real affection for his adopted CGI kids. If that isn't a sign that the film series was poorly cast (except for David Cross, but he's clearly not going to do a fourth one), I don't know what is.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
D'Snowth, yeah, it's Nickelodeon, the same treater who BADLY treats the Saban franchises, I've heard they treat franchises better Worldwide, but here in America, they badly treat them, I mean take a look at Saban's franchises recently, they have badly treated Digimon, Power Rangers, AND Julius Jr., and the latter mentioned is a SUCCESS, anyways, going back on the new Chipmunks, yeah, Hub Network seems likely, considering there treatments of brands aren't too bad, even though recently they've recently become the MLP channel, I may be a Brony, but even I'm getting annoyed by this, I've just got done seeing the trailer on YouTube, looks pretty decent, yeah, I could see Hub picking this up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
D'Snowth, yeah, it's Nickelodeon, the same treater who BADLY treats the Saban franchises, I've heard they treat franchises better Worldwide, but here in America, they badly treat them, I mean take a look at Saban's franchises recently, they have badly treated Digimon, Power Rangers, AND Julius Jr., and the latter mentioned is a SUCCESS, anyways, going back on the new Chipmunks, yeah, Hub Network seems likely, considering there treatments of brands aren't too bad, even though recently they've recently become the MLP channel, I may be a Brony, but even I'm getting annoyed by this, I've just got done seeing the trailer on YouTube, looks pretty decent, yeah, I could see Hub picking this up.
I'm absolutely happy with the success of the new TMNT series, and I just pray that the upcoming movie doesn't harsh that show's buzz and sink the franchise or overtake it.

But Nickelodeon is a terrible network. They historically screwed creators, and put the fear of Network God in the loyalists. They doomed an awesome pilot to fail because the creator wanted the animators to unionize, they kicked creators off their own show, and they doomed other shows to fail ever since when they don't agree with the creator. And then have the audacity to merchandise the heck out of it when it becomes popular for being cancelled.

They're clearly trying to screw Saban because Saban owns its own products. Less money for Nick aside from the ever dwindling advertising revenue. Now, Hiam Saban is pretty dang rich. I'm glad for The Vortex and all, but I don't see why he doesn't own a Saban channel yet. At least, in the US.

As for the Hub... I'll agree, why not? They also really really like Animainacs and Tiny Toons, which 90's kids got to appreciate. I don't see why it couldn't fit there.

But it's just how cartoons are sold now. Unless you're already tied to a network or something, you run all over the world first and then wind up hitting the US years later, often as filler for some channel of some sort. Qubo's made of shows made for every country but the US that we get years later.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm absolutely happy with the success of the new TMNT series, and I just pray that the upcoming movie doesn't harsh that show's buzz and sink the franchise or overtake it.
It's been renewed for a third season now, so that's something.

But Nickelodeon is a terrible network. They historically screwed creators, and put the fear of Network God in the loyalists. They doomed an awesome pilot to fail because the creator wanted the animators to unionize, they kicked creators off their own show, and they doomed other shows to fail ever since when they don't agree with the creator. And then have the audacity to merchandise the heck out of it when it becomes popular for being cancelled.
Ah yes, the Constant Payne pilot. A shame that never took off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was renewed for a third season back before the second season started. Heck, I think before the third season finished. Know how I say that CN makes at least one boneheaded decision for every 2 or 3 good ones it makes? Nick's the opposite. It makes a good decision for every 2 or 3 bad ones. But then again, the TMNT merchandise is absolutely flying off the shelves consistently. Even 4Kids didn't get that momentum with that series, and they promoted the heck out of it.

But other than that, the Dreamworks Shows (though I get the sneaky suspicion they're trying to screw Monsters VS Aliens), and Spongebob, (probably Winx... I don't follow it) they just do not care about their animated fair. FOP keeps getting renewed, but they refuse to show any new episodes (how the heck does that work), and they've been sweeping any other animated show under the rug as fast as possible (poor, poor T.U.F.F. Puppy).