Where's Elmo???

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I too love Elmo. Deffenitely not as good as Grover, but still a great character. And he appeals to children. I do my Elmo voice (it's ok) for my friends son, and he goes absolutely nuts! I'm hoping to make an Elmo puppet to go with it.

I also like Kevin Clash. He's a great performer.

Hehe! I think the funniest (and cutest) part with Elmo that I've ever seen was during Luis and Maria's wedding. He's the ring bearer and they're singing a song in their heads. Elmo sings, "Don't drop the rings, Elmo! Please, Elmo, don't drop the rings!!!!" It is sooooooo cute! And then, when the rings are asked for, he hands them to Bob (being the best man) and remarks (all inocently), "Don't drop the rings, Bob." It was hillarious! And adorable.

Okay. I'm getting too into this.

ssetta

Reaction score
That was actually back when Elmo was a minor character. If you'll notice, his talk was even more babyish. He talked more like Cookie Moster. "Elmo help! Elmo help! Elmo can do it!" And then they would actually say that they weren't looking for help, and he would cry. I actually liked him back then, and into the 90s. I quickly stopped liking him when they put in Elmo's World.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Elmo ok. Not like the others. I kind of liked him back in the 80's and 90's but now that they have Elmo's World. I still watch SS new season but mostly fast forward. The only thing I watch in Elmo's World is when Dorthey thinks what Elmo would be in that skit. I love thoes parts but liking Elmo? I like him just not as much as the other characters. There is one toy I would like to buy of Elmo is the newest one where he moves his mouth with the words (just not as good) But its cute and I love the way he looks he looks just like he is on SS. I haven't bought him yet because I don't want my parents thinking I'm a baby. But I buy it some day. Thanks Bye.:smile:

dcfboss

Reaction score
if you want over saturation, don't point the finger at Elmo anymore.

i have been watching the SS epsidoes that air from 2 seasons ago and I have noticed what has become a trend ....

there is an over abundance of Telly and Baby Bear on Sesame Street. They are on at least 3 times a week .... it is rediculous. i for one am against it. i think it's time to scale their adventures down a bit.

Pino

Reaction score
Il ike Elmo too.. he is one of the characters that a good update for sesamestreet. It´s good to keep the old, but when Kids change you must change the program aswell to keep it!
But my favorite is still kermit!!!:smile:

Kye

Reaction score
Elmo is great for kids! But Unlike most of the muppets he doesnt have much grown up appeal. I think he is funny from a kids point of view, I think he's cute...And Kevin Clash Does do a great job with him but he's not even close to my top 20 list. Maybe , its because He's not from my generation! Maybe, I am being obtuse and somewhat biased to muppets of my own generation....but maybe elmo actually does border on the ultra annoying. Maybe?:cool:

VC2020

Reaction score
I love Elmo but only on the street...In Elmos world when he's alone is kind of annoying and I just can't take it...If they shorten Elmo's World I think it would be a bit better...But I love watching Elmo on the street

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I like him he's getting overdone. Sesame's gettin' kinda
Excuse me---cheap.

:mad:
:frown: He's right
:mad: What?! C'mon! Rolf, back me up!!!

:sympathy: (clears throat)

:mad: Not you too!

Cheebo

Reaction score
I am a huge Elmo fan. I think I know the reason too. I am only 16. When I started watching Sesame in 87-88 Kevin Clash was already doing elmo and was becoming a major character. I havent known Sesame without elmo(other than episodes of Unpaved). To me Sesame Street isn't well Sesame Street with out the little red furball. And I bet you all of us who grew up with Elmo will most likely agree.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, this is very true. I'll bet in the year, say, oh... 2025, people will be saying, "Oh! I used to LOVE Elmo's World when I was litte" and stuff like that. But when you were little, in 1987-88, and when I was little (I'm 18), he was hardly ever on. I think it was 1990 when they started to really focus on the character. But he never became what he is today until they put in Elmo's World.