Movies You Like But Everyone Else Hates.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Rock a Doodle
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Kermit's Swamp Years
Muppets From Space
Rob Zombie's Halloween
The Gate

I would include Idle Hands on this list, but it gets a strangely high amount of airplay, but its not so much people hate it as people have never heard of it

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's this film that I completely forget the name of that they aired twice on ThisTV. It's about this trashy roller derby woman who's trying to marry this vegetative and extremely old rich guy before his two "younger" sons (they're freaking old and doddering, but not as old) try and catch her.... it has Leslie Nielsen in it as a cop, and there's this suicidal woman who's a running gag and she owns this run down motel that keeps coming up in the plot. Long John Baldry (Dr. Robotnik) performs the opening song about how the guy's "The Luckiest Man Ali-i-i-i-i-i-ive."

It's title is some dumb pun on the word Heart, but the name "Hart." It escapes me at the moment.

It's very low budget, it's completely idiotic, but it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Edit: Home is Where the Hart is

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Sam Raimi's Spider-man 2. The first one was okay, the third one was awful, but I thought the 2nd was fantastic, and Alfred Molina did a great job as my fav supervillain, Doc Ock. Also, there will never be a better J. Jonah Jameson than J.K. Simmons. People like to dump all over Raimi's Spider-man films, especially after the terrible new reboot, but I thought the 2nd one was great.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can you say perfect cast? Jason Alexander has Boris's exact receding hair line.

You heard right. Same hair. They can't even cast people with same hair color half the time (since when is Penny Gadget a ginger? same time Dr. Claw always showed his face, I guess).

I would have preferred Danny DeVito to have played Boris, and he also has basically the same hair line (in addition to being short and often playing mean, greedy characters), but it's still good. Alexander made a better Boris than Dave Thomas, who played Boris in the obscure Boris and Natasha film. And the actresses playing Natasha in both live-action films didn't have the right hair for the part (in fact in Boris and Natasha I think Sally Kellerman wore a wig, and the hair still wasn't right... To me it was too short, and I'm especially appalled by the fact that at one point in the movie they make a big deal about how great her hair is).

I do like the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, though not as much as the series or even the Boris and Natasha movie. In fact the Boris and Natasha movie is probably one I like that everyone else hates. And I can see some problems with the movie, it seems to be slow at times, the actors don't look enough like Boris and Natasha, at times it seems to be too serious/dramatic (and this was based on a very funny animated series) and at times seemed to focus too hard on making jokes (perhaps a failed attempt at comedy?), but I still like it.

Another movie that I like but "everyone else hates", and I didn't know it was so hated until The Nostalgia Critic reviewed it a few weeks ago, is The Master of Disguise. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I think it's a very funny movie, though I can see problems with some of the scenes featured in the NC's review. In fact I know a fair amount of people who do like the movie as well... Maybe liking it is a regional thing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Danny DeVito is too on the nose. While he is certainly short enough, Jason Alexander seems to have gotten the mannerisms and speech patters just about right.

If anyone else did the movie, they'd cast Boris as a tall guy with a Swedish accent. That's how backward casting for this stuff usually goes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quoting a member that no longer posts in almost a year old post, just for the sake of continuation...

Sam Raimi's Spider-man 2. The first one was okay, the third one was awful, but I thought the 2nd was fantastic, and Alfred Molina did a great job as my fav supervillain, Doc Ock. Also, there will never be a better J. Jonah Jameson than J.K. Simmons. People like to dump all over Raimi's Spider-man films, especially after the terrible new reboot, but I thought the 2nd one was great.
Everyone loved the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films until the third one. That one was so poorly received that everyone completely turned on the entire trilogy. The studio, toy company, and Marvel itself only have themselves to blame for screwing it up. I am utterly convinced Raimi and co sent in a terrible script for the third film on purpose to get the entire franchise to collapse after that. But the film made money, despite sucking, so everyone involved hiked up their prices so Sony wouldn't want to hire them for a fourth. I'm absolutely convinced that's the case.

As for Spidey 2? Yeah. That one is gold. It's one of the best superhero movies (I'd say it's as good as most of the films in the MCU). The first one was really good too. Just that...third one. And it's completely unfair that the entire trilogy suffers from, a bad third movie. When have we had a good third film? Toy Story 3 and Iron Man 3? 3's usually the series' break up point anyway.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Rock a Doodle
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Kermit's Swamp Years
Muppets From Space
Rob Zombie's Halloween
The Gate

I would include Idle Hands on this list, but it gets a strangely high amount of airplay, but its not so much people hate it as people have never heard of it
I LOVE WE"RE BACK AND ROCK A DOODLE!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Popeye! That's a blast from the past. I know it's supposed to be a terrible movie and Robin Williams said he keeps a poster around to keep himself humble, but I think it's a fun, fun movie. So many little gags stick in my memory: peering through a knothole with his squinky eye, "I'm a baby." "Yeah, I know, it says so right here,", the red-clothed shot when Bluto sees Olive and Popeye with Swee-Pea, Duvall singing endearingly sharp as Olive Oyl, the cardboard family photos, "You can't inherit a pipe!" Mad Magazine did a great parody of it, with the cartoon Popeye outside the panel, commenting on the film, until he freaks when Robin refuses to eat spinach. The real Popeye snatches the spinach away from him and clobbers Bluto in the classic style. Perfect!

I like entertainingly awful movies. Manos: The Hands of Fate and Troll 2 come to mind. Not the MST3K episodes, but the original movies, straight up. What can I say, I love a good train wreck.

And I like Muppets From Space, flaws and all. I like Gonzo's backstory in that movie, and in my heart he's an alien. So there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Popeye! That's a blast from the past. I know it's supposed to be a terrible movie and Robin Williams said he keeps a poster around to keep himself humble, but I think it's a fun, fun movie. So many little gags stick in my memory: peering through a knothole with his squinky eye, "I'm a baby." "Yeah, I know, it says so right here,", the red-clothed shot when Bluto sees Olive and Popeye with Swee-Pea, Duvall singing endearingly sharp as Olive Oyl, the cardboard family photos, "You can't inherit a pipe!" Mad Magazine did a great parody of it, with the cartoon Popeye outside the panel, commenting on the film, until he freaks when Robin refuses to eat spinach. The real Popeye snatches the spinach away from him and clobbers Bluto in the classic style. Perfect!
Popeye is a movie that gets more hate than it deserves. It's closer to the original comics than any animated adaption ever was, first of all (talk about Adaption displacement). Robin Williams was Popeye, which is much more than you can say about most other actors who played a cartoon character. It isn't the greatest thing in the world, but in the world of flawed cartoon adaptions, it stands out as king.

Then again, the competition consists of Inspector Gadget and Underdog. Even the Flintstones wasn't as well cast in either outing. I mean, Fred was right both times, Allan Cummings was a good Gazoo.... but Rick Moranis was too neurotic as Barney while Steven Baldwin played him a complete idiot... and then there's Rosie O' Donnel as Betty... she got the laugh right. And Flintstones was another one that was good in a category of films that make no sense as to why they're made.