Best episodes of The Muppet Show

Muppet Master

Reaction score
My all time hands down favorite episode of the muppet show is Season 4 Episode 18: Christopher Reeve. The opening number is one of the most energetic, funny, catchy, and best songs of the muppets, "Disco Frog". The backstage plot really holds up what with a classic "Piggy likes Kermit, Kermit Doesn't" then there's the awesome Hamlet sketch, the Muppet Labs sketch where Bunsen thinks Beaker is "hauntingly attractive" and the best UK spot ever "Sam's Song", and the closing number's pretty good as well. Also to a lesser extent, this is Rizzo's first time appearing. Personally I think this episode is highly under rated. I've never seen a Superman film, but after watching that episode I'd really love to. Though I also love so many others like Crystal Gale, Zero Mostel, Don Knotts, John Cleese, Roger Moore, Milton Berle, Loretta Swit, Phyllis Diller, etc. this one's my all time favorite.

Also I just watched the Peter Sellers and Jaye P. Morgan episodes on my season 2 boxset for the first time. I absolutetly loved the Jaye P. Morgan one it was full of laughs and bombs. But, after watching the Peter Sellers episode it is now my second favorite muppet show episode ever. From the teleporter to the hilarious sketch with Link who hardly gets any part in a muppet show episode besides Pigs in Space, and Sellers, and Muppet Labs at its finest not to mention Kermit freaking out and Rowlf on piano. Also Kermit sings his signature "Being Green" song and Gonzo sings "I Am Strolling Down Memory Lane. So, the Peter Sellers is now my #2 favorote episode of the muppet show pushing Star Wars down to #3.

Chopped Liver

Reaction score
Hey...what does everyone think are the all-time best episodes of The Muppet Show?

The Gilda Radner, Steve Martin, Paul Williams, Liza Minelli, Bernadette Peters, Bruce Forsythe, Vincent Price, Candice Bergen, Spike Milligan, Peter Ustinov, and Harry Belafonte episodes were my favorite.

My least favorite was the Charles Aznavour episode, he barely did anything! And the only song he did was later performed by Danny Kaye when he guest-starred, so it's not like the episode had any memorable moments.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My least favorite was the Charles Aznavour episode, he barely did anything! And the only song he did was later performed by Danny Kaye when he guest-starred, so it's not like the episode had any memorable moments.

He did another number, but it was cut from the DVD.

And it's not as if they knew they'd be doing the song again.

Chopped Liver

Reaction score
He did another number, but it was cut from the DVD.

And it's not as if they knew they'd be doing the song again.

Then they shouldn't have made Danny Kaye sing it too! And what other number did Charles do?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Charles Asnivore also performed the song "Old Fashioned Way" as well as participated in a talk spot segment with Kermit.

Kind of surprised this thread got bumped back after an eight-year hiatus.

Bridget

Reaction score
I really enjoyed, Sandy Duncan, Paul Williams, Lena Horne, Harry Belafonte, Valerie Harper, Cheryl Ladd, and Ethel Merman!

galagr

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular opinion, but one of my favorites was the Avery Schriber episode. That duel he had with Sweetums was comedy gold! :laugh:

Katzi428

Reaction score
My favorites are:
Spike Milligan
Harry Belafonte
Christopher Reeve
Victor Borge
Chris Langham

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My favorites are:

-Julie Andrews
-Elton John
-Vincent Price
-Harry Belafonte
-Marty Feldman (I LOVE the Sesame Street cameos at the end)
-John Denver
-John Cleese
-Paul Simon
-Crystal Gale
-Star Wars