Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can we please close this thread until we get any updates?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The question is, WILL we get anymore? This movie has been in the works for a couple of years now.
Unless this is the very quiet stage where they're writing and rewriting the script, I don't think we're going to hear anything from this is some time. Until then, the conversation is cyclical with no real developments. And it'd quite frustrating to see a thread updated with "Is there any news yet?"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as closing this thread, you'd have to contact the forum administration about that, as I'm unable to effectively do so myself. And yes, I agree this thread needs to be closed to stop all the useless spam-type posts that keep getting posted as there's no real conversation happening on this topic at the present.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
OK OK OK!!! I know this topic keeps getting dredged up and stuff, sometimes by myself. (I'm sorry). But more confirmation popped up today!

In >>> this interview <<< with Variety, they list projects ongoing and in development. This little tidbit included:
"a “Fraggle Rock” movie in development at New Regency with Ivan Reitman producing;"

So is this proper confirmation of something happening!?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
OK OK OK!!! I know this topic keeps getting dredged up and stuff, sometimes by myself. (I'm sorry). But more confirmation popped up today!

In >>> this interview <<< with Variety, they list projects ongoing and in development. This little tidbit included:
"a “Fraggle Rock” movie in development at New Regency with Ivan Reitman producing;"

So is this proper confirmation of something happening!?

Ivan Reitman is the first name I'm excited to hear attached to this film.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Interesting that someone's name is finally attached to the film after all this time. Ivan Reitman certainly has a decorated career as producer and director, so it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope this means it's happening, but something's going to come and drop a bucket of ice water on us again, I just know it. Having a name attached to produce does not a finished project make.

Don't get me wrong. If this does indeed happen, I'll be jumping for joy and planning the day I'll see the movie. I WANT this film. That's why I'm not getting my hopes up. Lucy can only pull the football away so many times.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I really hope this means it's happening, but something's going to come and drop a bucket of ice water on us again, I just know it. Having a name attached to produce does not a finished project make.

Don't get me wrong. If this does indeed happen, I'll be jumping for joy and planning the day I'll see the movie. I WANT this film. That's why I'm not getting my hopes up. Lucy can only pull the football away so many times.

I 100% understand that sentiment and have had my hopes dashed... but Hendson linked to the article on their facebook and like 80% of the replies weren't about Scifi-channel Henson Creatureshop show- but instead about how cool a fraggle rock movie would be. So it's got momentum among people I think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The film is certainly gaining some traction if they have a producer attached, and something tells me how Muppets Most Wanted does will be a key factor. Fraggle Rock deserves a movie (even Sesame Street got 2), and the sooner they can get people that remember the show in with their kids, the better.

But it really seems that as far as most Henson projects go, they get that much closer and then things completely vaporize from there. Happy Time Murders should have happened by now. It had the makings of a cult, sleeper hit, but it never got the funding or traction beyond Katherine Heigle was attached. Power of the Dark Crystal kept coming so close, and then just kept getting abandoned. Hopefully Fraggles will break through that barrier, but it's going to take a miracle to get there.