Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score

galagr

Reaction score
On a more negative note, looks like the critics are showing no mercy so far:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/muppets_most_wanted/

A few critiqued the film because it didn't have Jason Segal, and it wasn't as good without his "writing, acting and singing talents that were so pivotal in reviving the franchise the first time around." Yes, really, that's the quote.

Ah, yes, I went to see "The Muppets" to see Jason Segal. Kind of like how I went to see "The Lego Movie" to see Liam Neeson as the Cop. Or how I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph to see King Candy.

Oh, wait, silly me, absolutely no one did that. Are you freakin' kidding me?! That was one of the MAJOR PROBLEMS with TM(11). It focused waaaay too much on the humans. Some other reviews also said that MMW wasn't as good because it didn't retain the sweet nature of the TM(11). Yep, because a movie about identity theft, prison, and a world class heist should be sweeter than a movie about getting the old gang back together to put on a show.

Maybe I wouldn't be as steamed about this if these weren't the first reviews the movie has. Most people on this forum will see this film regardless if it's good or not, but other people will be impressionable as to what the critics say. They aren't gonna want to see a movie with bad reviews, and I think we all want this to do very well. The franchise is just getting started back up, and if MMW does bad, this will be the last Muppet production we see for a while.

Please, for the love of god, let this film do good.

Drtooth

Reaction score

A few critiqued the film because it didn't have Jason Segal, and it wasn't as good without his "writing, acting and singing talents that were so pivotal in reviving the franchise the first time around." Yes, really, that's the quote.

Ah, yes, I went to see "The Muppets" to see Jason Segal. Kind of like how I went to see "The Lego Movie" to see Liam Neeson as the Cop. Or how I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph to see King Candy.

Oh, wait, silly me, absolutely no one did that. Are you freakin' kidding me?! That was one of the MAJOR PROBLEMS with TM(11). It focused waaaay too much on the humans. Some other reviews also said that MMW wasn't as good because it didn't retain the sweet nature of the TM(11). Yep, because a movie about identity theft, prison, and a world class heist should be sweeter than a movie about getting the old gang back together to put on a show.
I'm dumbfounded that's the case. It was Jason's choice to leave the franchise, he did what he had to do to get the first one made.

Edit: The negative reviews are poorly written and clearly don't get the point what the fil is. Of course, there's only 3 of them out of 5 (2 liked it)... but then again, Roger Ebert gave GMC a crappy review for no reason.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was one of the MAJOR PROBLEMS with TM(11). It focused waaaay too much on the humans.
That and the human protagonists weren't all that interesting, at least to me.

Some other reviews also said that MMW wasn't as good because it didn't retain the sweet nature of the TM(11). Yep, because a movie about identity theft, prison, and a world class heist should be sweeter than a movie about getting the old gang back together to put on a show.
Who says Muppet movies have to be sweet 24/7?

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Maybe I wouldn't be as steamed about this if these weren't the first reviews the movie has. Most people on this forum will see this film regardless if it's good or not, but other people will be impressionable as to what the critics say. They aren't gonna want to see a movie with bad reviews, and I think we all want this to do very well. The franchise is just getting started back up, and if MMW does bad, this will be the last Muppet production we see for a while.

Please, for the love of god, let this film do good.

To be fair, 3 out of 5 isn't that big a deal. The ratio might balance out when more reviews pour in when the movie comes out. And the main criticism is that Jason and Amy aren't in it, which is completely dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.