Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
How about having The Manhattan Transfer or New York Voices on Sesame Street? That would be really awesome!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought those park segments were just for the international shows (though I wondered why they couldn't just use the apartment for those).
It seems that Ernie and Bert segments are made with the foreign markets in mind. Which is a real shame, since they have new ones that haven't been on the American show. Instead, we get the same parody segments used twice a season in their place.

I also wonder why the apartment isn't used. Must be those foreign markets. I dunno.

cindysuke

Reaction score
That's a lot of detail for a hypothetical that won't happen.

Besides, everyone knows that Ernie and Bert segments are required by law to take place in the same park now.

I know, but at least I can daydream... *sigh*

But oh really? I guess I'm not included in that everyone. I've seen foreign E&B park sketches but didn't know that. Really? I'm a bit skeptical now. :confused:

ssetta

Reaction score
I wanna say that if they do end up remaking classic songs, I would really like it if they re - filmed it but used the original audio soundtrack. They did that a few times in Season 30. I doubt it'll happen, it's just a thought.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But oh really? I guess I'm not included in that everyone. I've seen foreign E&B park sketches but didn't know that. Really? I'm a bit skeptical now. :confused:
They're making Ernie and Bert segments for international consumption.

Translated, it means they have to make everything generic so it translates (even though they had NO problem with the apartment skits from the first 40 something years of the show), and then showing it in the country where it's produced last as long as it doesn't get in the way of a celebrity appearance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, clearly I'm out of the loop here, so I gotta ask, what are these Ernie and Bert Park sketches you guys are talking about? Do they take place in the park, or do they have their own theme park, or what?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The "park segments" take place in a park. Very few of them have aired on the American show, though I've heard that Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson do perform them in these segments, with the voices dubbed in later.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are a few of those Ernie and Bert in the Park segments D'Snowth!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to see a new Sesame Street Special for the 45th Anniversary.
I would also love for them to do another set of Classic Shows on DVD but instead of them keep going with the sets like Vol. 4 or Vol. 5.
Like what about another Old School but with it being 1969-1974 Vol. 2. Then you could have other episodes in that volume other then the ones in the first volume.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I would love to see a new Sesame Street Special for the 45th Anniversary.
I would also love for them to do another set of Classic Shows on DVD but instead of them keep going with the sets like Vol. 4 or Vol. 5.
Like what about another Old School but with it being 1969-1974 Vol. 2. Then you could have other episodes in that volume other then the ones in the first volume.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea!