• 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I loved this movie!

I saw it once today at a matinee with my aunt and I went later with my best friend and her little brother ^^

When I went with my aunt, I was nervous-cited, excited and nervous. I mean, you have no idea how difficult it has been to avoid spoilers, especially given all the pages and such I follow on social media.

Anyway, We're Doing A Sequel was great, I appreciate the Gaga cameo even though I'm not a fan of hers but I am a sucker for one-liner cameos.

Interrogation Song has to be my favorite, the 'no more questions' repetition is just fabulous!

Now, this might just be me, but, I went crazy with joy when they sang The Muppet Show theme in Spanish, when Selma Hayek came out and when Piggy started her macarena number. I get SUPER excited when there's latin representation in stuff, what can I say? I'm proud of my heritage ^^

In 'Something So Right', I practically melted at the fantasy of Kermit and Piggy's bouncing baby figs <3 I was convinced we were weren't going to see them but then low and behold: a pretty little green pig and an adorable little pink frog! :') And part of my believes that the babies names are Daphne and Archibald; I remember Kermit saying in an interview that those are two names he'd like for children.

My favorite cameo had to be Usher. Of course, I was super pumped for the Sean Combs (Diddy) cameo since I saw the first trailer but, Usher's cameo was PERFECT. For a second after Link was asking for an Usher I was like, 'Oh man...if it was Usher, but nah, they won't...OH MY GOSH, IT IS USHER'!

To be very honest, I was hoping Kermit and Piggy would end up tying the knot only for another 'it was acting blah blah...' debate. But, I do like how the wedding was ruined anyhow and it didn't end up happening.

When Kermit called Piggy his woman and then shared a kiss with her in the helicopter probably has to be my entire favorite part of the movie save for their fantasy in 'Something So Right'.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, I give it 5/5 stars and I need to get myself the soundtrack ASAP!

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
One thing that was kind of odd was everyone quickly moved on when they found Fozzie and Walter had quit although Rowlf, Rizzo, and Floyd mentioned about how the last movie was about Walter joining the group only to leave so quickly. Floyd did wonder where Animal was when he left with Walter and Fozzie, but none of the other band members seemed to care and moved on especially in the wedding scene. I guess that's a running gag with the rest of the band and how they deserted Animal or Animal deserted them like in the last movie and how they moved on.

That was probably the thing that bugged me the most about this movie, considering the big fuss they made when 'Kermit' said he would leave after the wedding. I know Kermit is technically the most important character, but it would be nice if other characters were given an element of being important too.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I saw the movie earlier this evening and I'm pleased to say it met my expectations (and then some), in that it outdid the last movie in many respects. The jokes were more Muppety and silly (the fourth wall, shattered within the first couple minutes), the Muppet characters had stronger depth, the songs were catchier (I especially enjoyed Constantine's disco number). One of the only real caveats I can think of at the moment is the rather lightening-fast pace at the beginning as Oscarfan mentioned. Otherwise, I was pretty much grinning through practically all of film and was laughing along the way. I especially have to admire just how tailored it was for us Muppet fans. Needless to say, I'll be back for more this weekend :smile:

toadster101

Reaction score
Wasn't Lips supposed to say something, or was that just an internet rumor? I remember reading the Wikipedia page at one point and seeing George the Janitor and Fleet Scribbler under the cast list. Why must Muppet fans troll each other? :frown:

Annie Sue also felt underutilized. Why bother bringing Louise Gold back if you're going to give her character zero screen time? At least Link Hogthrob, Wayne and Wanda, Bobby Benson, and The Mutations got some action. And for the first time since Frank Oz left the team, Animal was actually likable!

Other than a few minor obsessive fan nitpicks, it was a great Muppets film. I just wish they realized that it was called The Muppet Show for a reason, not The Kermit Show, and not The plugs for other Disney movies and shows Celebrity Show. Constantine was a cute villain, but I don't want him back. At least not in a starring role, or even a supporting role. Maybe a cameo akin to Pepe's appearance in The Muppets.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I just giddily returned home from an evening fan-screening of MMW and the experience was simply prodigious! The nostalgic in-jokes, songs, pop-culture allusions--why retrospect? Everything was well-put together! <3

Bobin really did Link justice-- presumably his most prominent Muppet movie role ever! Usher's cameo with Link in the wedding scene was out of the blue! My heart skipped a few beats! Vast dialogue, screen time AND a song one-liner in that Oscar-worthy Celine Dion number (the Kermit and Piggy fantasy genuinely choked me up)...a heartfelt tearjerker that will enlighten your perspective of true love!

My only nitpick is that it seemed like Annie Sue was forsaken from the film. Yes, she cracked a line in the waltz scene and Louise Gold was heard again in the finale.
Overall, it was great seeing Annie Sue again and Ms. Gold positively has golden tones. She can sing her heart out and fulfill mine. I am highly hoping to see more Gold in the deleted scenes! <3

And regarding the waltz number, Mildred's little dance routine with Link seemed akin from the days of yore when she danced with George the Janitor in the first season of TMS by staring down at her two left feet atop her partner's and fidgeted . A gem nobly played.

The Kermit/Piggy relationship was front and center; my heart emotionally beamed up, especially when Kermit addressed Piggy as "His woman" and passionately kissed her in the helicopter. Like I mentioned earlier, the fantasy in "Something So Right" choked me up! Their hypothetical offspring looked precious. And after all the struggle they endured as a couple, we can learn that we sometimes bicker, quarrel, dispute and get angry over trivial things is to fight for our worth. No relationship is one-dimensional. If I never got angry with my beau, I wouldn't have loved him. <3

I am psyched to share this wonderful experience with my friends and family. It will be a classic! <3

galagr

Reaction score
How full were you guys' theaters? I'm a little worried.

My theater was empty except for me and a few friends (which would explain why getting a standing ovation was so easy :big_grin:). But, I made sure it was that way. I saw it on Friday at 11 A.M, because I knew it wouldn't be busy during that time. I'm not having any yung'uns ruining my movie experience. :attitude:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Just got back. I really liked it!

Loved the songs, especially the one with the interpol agent and Sam interviewing everyone, thought the way the scene played out in rhythm to the music was very clever. Way too much I liked to mention it all. I liked Bunsen's one-line shoutout to all the other movies, I liked Kermit running a show in a prison. I liked that a lot of the humour was familiar and expected but not totally tired and played out, so it felt very muppety and appropriate. I liked that clearly a bunch of puppets were rebuilt like Wayne and Wanda, the muppaphones, and the BABIES!

And I liked that the Muppet Performers got beautiful giant credits of their name next to fireworks. :big_grin: Made me so happy and proud to be a longtime fan and see them in such a great, true-to-spirit Muppet movie! LOVE YOU GUYS if you are reading this, what a wonderful job. :sing:

My favourite human character was Ty Burrell as the Interpol agent. I have never seen this actor before in anything so I had no idea what to expect. Tina and Ricky were good of course and had very muppety quirky characters, but this guy stole the show in my opinion.

Gonna be honest, I really didn't like how Together Again was used at the end of the movie. MTM is one of my faves, and this movie already borrowed the big wedding idea from MTM, so why borrow that too? It seemed very derivative in a movie that is full of wonderful original songs (by the cute and talented Bret McKenzie I might add :flirt:) so it stuck out to me. Mind you the heist idea is straight out of GMC but it felt like a new spin on that concept, where this was straight lifted.

I voted 4. If I were voting with my fangirl heart it would be a 5 of course, because of the spirit of it all! But if I were looking objectively, the lack of a strong conclusion brings it to a 4 for me. To be honest, Muppet movies have never had the best conclusions; it's always the chaos in the middle that is the best part. Because of the aforementioned song lifted almost straight out of MTM, and also the on-the-nose heartwarming speeches that everyone had, the ending didn't feel quite as "on" as the rest of the movie for me. I did love that the final number was filled with funny cameos, so you get to see what happened to all the prisoners and Constantin, though. I'm not sure what would have been better but I just thought it ended a bit strangely. I still loved every minute of it though! :zany:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
My theater was empty except for me and a few friends (which would explain why getting a standing ovation was so easy :big_grin:). But, I made sure it was that way. I saw it on Friday at 11 A.M, because I knew it wouldn't be busy during that time. I'm not having any yung'uns ruining my movie experience. :attitude:

When I went to an advanced screening there was me my brother and friend and about 6 other people.... and we went at about 7pm.... was it just me or did anyone else thought the movies sound and songs were really loud? I enjoyed it but I came out with a headache.... the second time was way way better :smile:

Then I went today.... at about 11:55 and it was just me and I had the whole freaking theater to myself!!! I was so pumped I could sing outloud and really take a second look for things I missed without any distractions

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh, also... I love Love LOVE that Kermit and Piggy's babies were a pink frog and a green pig. I know that we've (sadly) had full conversations here in the past about what their bouncing baby figs would look like and I'm not sure that's come up before. Love it!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Low-key, but also manic and, in spots, absolutely brilliant and hilarious. I enjoyed it every bit as much as I had hoped, and I quite honestly enjoyed it a lot more than I did The Muppets.

(This part here's about the 2011 film: I said it in my initial review of that movie on these forums and I'll say it again: I found the previous outing to be cute and sweet, but overall kind of a weak movie. It was too schmaltzy and relied on the "heartwarming nostalgia" factor so thickly that I felt it was more obviously a cash-grabber than this sequel! Apologies for seemingly being in the minority here...but not really. :wink:)

This one was a lot more my style, and what I truly perceive as "Muppety"!

I loved the scenes that I saw playing out what a modern day Muppet Show could REALLY be. The Indoor-Running-of-the-Bulls was awesome! And Salma Hayek's reaction to the disaster was very reminiscent of, say, Carol Burnett freaking out at having to dance with Animal :halo:

"We're Doing a Sequel" is stuck in my head hardcore. I know that's probably not the *best* song from the film, but it's the one that's stuck with me the greatest so far. I would love the soundtrack :smile: "The Big House" was another favorite number, but I really am a sucker for Tina Fey's character. She was adorable. (Could have gotten by without her having some silly romantic longing for Kermit, though. At least it didn't hurt anything too much!)

Oh my gosh I don't know if it was just me (at least it was in the theater), but I LOLd at the sight of the adorable figs. Holy hilarious cuteness, Batman. That Céline Dion number was incredible.

Overall, the toned-down human roles (I liked all three of the main ones, Burrell being the weakest but still very fun), the playful tone, and the simple-yet-clever scriptwriting really won me over. I'm a total fan!! Seeing it again ASAP :flirt:

Also,

YAAAAY they fit more Electric Mayhem and Rowlf in!! :big_grin::sing::cool: :sympathy: