Your Thoughts: Sesame Street the comic from Ape Entertainment

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I haven't seen any other comic book issues from Sesame Street other than the one where Elmo becomes a super hero, just like :super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't want to be hating on Ape, but really.

One comic a year... and the second issue gets indefinite delays (it's almost a month overdue already). Meanwhile, every other indie comic label, not without minor delays, manages to get the rest of the issues in regularly. Worst case was with Boom's Regular Show line that was delayed a month then the third issue was delayed, but they've been playing catch up to the point were they're actually near where they should be.

But a freaking year. And they managed to make multiple reprints of the first issue by now.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Just figured I'd add that there's a couple sites (like tfaw.com) saying it's coming out on June 25th, and a couple others (Atomic Empire) saying it's out of stock. What's going on here?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard Dreamworks is coming up with it's own comics publishing imprint, but it won't touch Ape's Dreamworks license.

If I were DW, I'd pull it and keep it like Disney did with Boom. Then we'd actually see Penguins of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda regularly.

Meanwhile, I don't know what's going on with the Sesame Street one. I really don't want to speak ill of them, there's probably a good reason for the delays. They're independent and probably are having some problems or something or just can't release things in the same capacity. But over a year between issues is pretty lousy. Why they can't even have these issues quarterly is pretty bad for the Sesame Street line. Especially frustrating as it's the only Muppet comic being published at this time. Archaia doesn't have any plans to continue Fraggle Rock (it does for Farscape, supposedly), Marvel's not going to publish any more Muppets (or any Disney thing that isn't a Pixar movie tie in)... this is all we had, and it was as good as both of those. it's a shame there's such a waiting period.