Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

jobi71

Reaction score
Over all I really liked the film. I thought it had just the right amount of Muppet anarchy and still hit some nice emotional notes. I thought Tina Fey, Ty Burrell and Ricky Gervais were all very funny. I liked the supporting cast of Gulag prisoners and the cameos did not distract me at all. I enjoyed Constantine as the villain and thought Matt Vogel did a great job.

My nitpicks are minor. I wish Louise Gold had more presence in the final film. Annie Sue has one line toward the end of the waltz, but there is so much chaos that it is mostly drowned out. You can hear her singing at the end in the group, but it's Louise Gold! Surely she could have had a line in one of the backstage scenes - or even better a verse or a line in something like The Interrogation Song? Second, the visual effect of the wall at the end was pretty bad. And finally although I was happy to see The Newsman give several Newsflashes - I hoped that at least one of them would result in something crashing upon him. It seems like a good opportunity for some physical humor and it was missed. Otherwise I thought it was great.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Saw it again! Here's a few things I noticed that I missed the first time - let me know if you saw these too!

When Domenic is explaining to the Muppets that Walter left, you hear someone (I think it's Lew Zealand) say, "You can leave the Muppets?!"

When the Muppet Newsman is talking about Kermit and Piggy getting married, the graphic in the top-left corner has a picture of a newspaper with the caption "SLOW NEWS WEEK: MUPPETS DOMINATE HEADLINES".

During the Interrogation song, when Jean and Sam are singing and talking about how the Muppets are too dumb to have committed a crime, you can see behind them through the glass into the interrogation room, and Fozzie is sitting there, intently flicking the light off and on - kind of illustrates their point! (I missed it the first time because I was focusing on the lyrics of the song).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And finally although I was happy to see The Newsman give several Newsflashes - I hoped that at least one of them would result in something crashing upon him. It seems like a good opportunity for some physical humor and it was missed. Otherwise I thought it was great.

I've been wondering why the Newsman never gets injured in any of his movie appearances.

Wiseman

Reaction score
Saw movie with my wife and kids last night and loved it. I do have just one interesting thing to point out. In the fantasy sequence where Piggy imagines her life as Kermit's wife, they have a child in the pram. The gender of this child is uncertain, but judging by the face, it is a frog/pig combo, which means that I'm not the only one who thought of frigs and pogs.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Saw movie with my wife and kids last night and loved it. I do have just one interesting thing to point out. In the fantasy sequence where Piggy imagines her life as Kermit's wife, they have a child in the pram. The gender of this child is uncertain, but judging by the face, it is a frog/pig combo, which means that I'm not the only one who thought of frigs and pogs.
Yay! Indoctrinate your children! We need more younguns to join the penguin parade of Muppet fans. :zany:

It was a green pig and a pink frog, but yeah, the gender was hard to tell. I think the pig was a female because it had Miss Piggy eyelashes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to tally up all similarities I found between this, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Similarities to The Great Muppet Caper:
  • A random appearance by the villain in the opening song (then again, in TMM we saw Max and Doc Hopper before we knew who they were, in MTM we briefly saw Ronnie Crawford about an hour before he was introduced, and in FTB the Sleaze brothers appear three scenes before we know anything about them).
  • The opening scenes have Kermit telling the others what they need. In GMC, Kermit tells them they need an exciting cover story, in this he tells them they need a half-decent plot.
  • Both movies have a water ballet (even if the water ballet in MMW is just a brief scene in the opening song).
  • Both movies have the Muppets going to London.
  • Both movies involve a jewel heist.
  • Something about Beauregard being the train conductor feels similar to him being a taxi driver.
And similarities to The Muppets Take Manhattan:
  • In MTM, the other Muppets want to take the show to Broadway (after a fellow student jokingly remarked that they'll be on Broadway) but Kermit feels that although Manhattan Melodies was a hit as a college musical, it's not good enough for Broadway. And in this, Kermit feels like although the Muppets had just become successful again, they shouldn't be thinking so big right away, while the other Muppets want to do bigger things.
  • Maybe this should have been included in the above example, but in MTM, the others convince Kermit to decide to bring the show to Broadway. And in MMW, after Dominic books an expensive theater to perform at, the others convince Kermit to bring the show there instead of the smaller venues he had arranged.
  • The tuxedos look like golden versions of the tuxedos they where at the beginning of Manhattan Melodies.
  • The wedding, obviously.
  • Both movies include the song "Together Again" (obviously... again)..

Okay, so I found one more similarity to GMC than MTM. Though most of the similarities to GMC that I noticed occur in the opening song.