Muppets Most Wanted Press Reviews

Slackbot

Reaction score
Fozzy Bear. Ms. Piggy. The very first sentence gave us clear warning that this was a less-than-scholarly article.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but that's not a review. That's the usual far right wing "They're coming to get you Barbara" paranoia they use to scare their base.

And perfectly unresearched as well.

And the far right is far from being able to talk about "alienating audiences" and having politics as a reason a movie flopped. Anyone remember "An American Carol?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I would love that to have been the reason. Then we can shake their fists at them and their Fox Business News stream of toxic manipulation and lies.

But then again, if it did, Lego would have bombed.

Now, I know there are some conservatives here that are rational, intelligent, and mature. My beef is not with them. My beef is with these extremists that love to take things down to make their draconian policies (that are more Neo-Con and Dogmatic than actual conservative)... especially since they completely blow the opportunity to use these movie's messages to their will. The "Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch" aspect only makes them look more buffoonish and out of touch.

Case in point: Secret of Ariety and The Lego Movie. Both were decried as evil commie lefty propaganda because they were supposedly anti-business. If they had bothered to see either before whining they'd see things differently. Secret of Ariety features a group of small, hard working people who refuse handouts because they know they'd get into trouble. Isn't that what Libertarians always complain about? And the Lego movie... okay, the villain is an oppressive president that forces down regulations to ensure Tall Poppy syndrome. Hey! Isn't that the theme of Atlas Shrugged? Unikitty even manages to say that the best thing about Cloudcookoo Land is that there's no government. Uh... hello? This is YOUR message in this film.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
You should read the comments in that article. They will have you ROFL! :laugh:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Well folks, we have plenty of intelligent critics giving their opinion of the movie.....and there is some who I really just want to track down and shake til they're senseless.

So far, I've read a few where a Mr. Stephen 'Whitmore' (Whitman, Whitemere, Whotmire, etc), did such a wonderful job with Kermit (and in some cases, Constantine too). Some guy named Jacobsen has taken over 'Ms. Piggy' from Eric Jacobson and a similar case has occurred between Dave Goelz and 'David Golez'.

Seriously, I'm not even kidding...It cannot be that hard to do some research.

Peace

Reaction score
At least with Jacobson/Jacobsen, from a distance, the o can easily be mistaken as an e. But if you can master "Whit", then it can't be that hard to tackle "mire".

At least we aren't seeing reviews crying out for more "Bobo the King Shrimp".

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh I've heard Steve's name butchered worse then that. :stick_out_tongue: But no more then when they were on GMA last month and the Sesame Street theme was played. I was like "nope not anymore!" :rolleyes:

galagr

Reaction score
Oh I've heard Steve's name butchered worse then that. :stick_out_tongue:
I have as well. I've seen him referred to as "Frank Whitmoore" over on fanmail.biz. Good lord, at least get his first name right.

Anyway, recently, Toughpigs has released an article showing how mixed the reviews truly are. And, trust me, there are some gems in that article.

http://www.toughpigs.com/critical-consensus

"Jason Segal's script was much simpler, and his is probably the best of the eight Muppets films. -Conrad Foreman, The Michigan Daily"

...welp. Lets go get the angry mob ready. I'll find out where this guy lives.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
...welp. Lets go get the angry mob ready. I'll find out where this guy lives.

You track him down, I'll light the torches and grab the pitchforks. Do you reckon a bazooka is overkill?