Reaction score
1. Noah $32 million
2. Divergent $20 million -62%
3. Muppets Most Wanted $13 million -22%
4. Sabotage $8 million
5. God Not Dead $6 million
6. The Raid: Redemption $5 million
7. Cesar Chavez $1 million
3rd place? Well, time for moi to see MMW again by this weekend. No excuse for me not to break my promise for seeing this movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the plus side (and don't think I'm not conflicted), I'm glad at least Peabody and Sherman is doing pretty good (hopefully enough to be considered successful). In the long line of Jay Ward films, they needed a hit that got mostly good reviews. And frankly, it is the best one so far, paying tribute to the first episode of the series. I loved George of the Jungles 1 and 2 and The Bullwinkle and Rocky movie (minus the Mary Sue the studio shoved in), Dudley Do-Right kinda sucked. Never saw Boris and Natasha. But none of them were successful or even had good reviews. Though, GOTJ was successful enough to get a DTV sequel for some reason.

Hopefully this will get Dreamworks to invest in other properties they got from the Classic Media buyout. At the very least, we deserve another Underdog movie. That...that thing Disney called Underdog? Yeah, that deserved to be forgotten.

robodog

Reaction score
Hate that MMW isn't doing well. I'm kind of surprised it isn't. I haven't seen it yet but I've heard nothing but good things.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sick of talking about it, myself. it's depressing, it's frustrating, and at best, it's probably because of kid's movie overload and the fact that nothing is really making money this month except for maybe Peabody and Sherman.

Let's look forward, shall we?

Saying I'm pumped for Captain America is obvious. I am loving these MCU movies, and I'm glad I at least saw the first Captain America... kicking myself hard on the first 2 Iron Man and the first Thor flick. I really hope that people get Guardians of the Galaxy. That one looks too out there, so there's a worry that it may be the weak link in the franchise. I mean, only other presence of that besides the comics was an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man. Billy West voiced Rocket Raccoon. I highly recommend checking that episode out if you can find it.

Still not all that impressed with Maleficent, though. I mean, I will admit, the Snow White and the Huntsman, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, and Jack the Giant Slayer really tainted these Dark Shrek type films. Especially since this movie looks like a celebrity based, 2 hour theatrical version of that Once Upon a Time show. I would not be at all surprised if they added that version of Maleficent (by a different actress, of course) to that series. Somehow, I just want that movie to do poorly. That way MMW won't look so bad a money loser by comparison.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Dragons sequel seems like a great one, too. I've thoroughly enjoyed the first movie, and I'm almost finished watching the2nd season of the TV series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, you know... I never got a chance to see the first one, so I'm going to have to rent it or something first. And as such, I skip the cartoon series because I'd be lost. I saw the Snoggletogg special, and I have to admit, I didn't quite get it. I just hope I get the chance before the film comes out.

And I'd love it if the Bullwinkle short that was supposed to be with Peabody and Sherman went in front of it.

That said, I'm hugely disappointed that Good Dinosaur was delayed. Same behind the scenes shenanigans as Brave, it sounds like. Not very promising.

Also really looking forward to Seth MacFarline's Wild West movie... even though I found a HUGE spoiler for a great, Family Guy-esque gag in a written preview for it. :sigh: I'm not telling you, but it sounds awesome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The unthinkable has happened.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the first Marvel based movie since the first Thor to have a kid's meal premium. And at McDonalds (who, since Batman Returns, have refused to do a PG-13 movie tie in).

Of course, the toys suck. And it has a toy spider in there... ugh I HATE those things.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So MMW eased 33% to $11.3 million, awesome rught! To date, we have $33 million in the bank and there's so much more to go.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously, I just CANNOT get behind Maleficent. Every trailer I see makes me dislike it more (saw one before Muppets, you probably did too). Maybe it's because I really dislike Once Upon a Time, and everytime I'm forced to watch some of it, I wind up pulling my hair out... but I really just can't take any more of these dark adult fairy tales played dreadfully straight.

Though if their upcoming Cinderella movie has the chopping off toes and heals of the step sisters to get the slipper to fit, I'll give it some respect.