Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And I would've wanted to watch the indoor running of the bulls :smile:
Me too...me too.

It's great that you had a good job. I wish I could agree, I can't. I honestly just want to forget the whole thing. But I'm not trying to take your experience from you.

Oh well. At least I still have my "Kermit tapes." :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
My friend and I sat through the credits, with Fozzie's little interruptions. I thought there were supposed to be two "In Memory Of" credits at the very end, one for Jerry Nelson and another for Jane Henson. Yet, my friend said he didn't see such honors. Is this true? If there were such credits, when do they appear?
That's a good question. Would they really leave those out? Though I did hear Jerry's VO when introducing Kermit. I guess that was a pre-recorded clip from the last movie or something.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
@Odannyboy:
The whole bit in We're DoingA Sequel about the movie's title being The Muppets Again is an in-joke to the movie's previous title before it was changed to MMW.​

Not quite, as they changed the title after they filmed it.
I was wondering about that as well. But I guess they felt singing it that way might make it rhyme better. :confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's a good question. Would they really leave those out? Though I did hear Jerry's VO when introducing Kermit. I guess that was a pre-recorded clip from the last movie or something.

The last time I watched the movie I made sure I waited to see it the honers to Jerry and Jane where there and they where. It looked a lot like this......

"In Loving Memory of Jerry Nelson and Jane Henson"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
AVMMC was actually one of my favorites. Although it was a television movie, it was done with great affection and intent by the studio, which intended to relaunch the franchise in style. You are right, Dwayne1115, that TM as sort of the flip side of AVMMC. In the first, Kermit realizes how much the muppets need HIM, and then he realizes he needs them. In TM, Kermit realizes that HE needs the muppets, and is staggered and humbled to realize that THEY need HIM, too.

In both of those, central to Kermit's leadership and happiness is recognizing Piggy's rightful place as the love of his life. Kermit is not Kermit without Miss Piggy's yin to his yang. Ironically (and IRRITATINGLY), BOTH of the newest muppet movie books have him actually confessing that love for her without any backtracking. We didn't get to see the actual confession on screen--just the effects of it.

I have joked about it quite a bit here, but there seems to be some sort of insidious assumption that Kermit admitting he cares about Piggy--loves her, wants her, wants to be with her--is somehow detrimental to him. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Kermit's happiness and his undisputed (well, mostly) place as leader of the muppets is wrapped up in him acknowledging his place in the great scheme of things, and that includes loving and being loved by Miss Piggy.

I should note Kermit has said he loves Piggy outside of the "movies." When they were on The Bachelorette 3 years ago he said it. I know people would argue Piggy forced it out of him but I don't think it was you could tell he meant it. And recently when he was on ESPN they asked if he loved Piggy and he said yes. I don't know if you've kept up with any of their recent appearances promoting this film but Kermit has actually been more affectionate then Piggy. They've also kissed several times as well.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The last time I watched the movie I made sure I waited to see it the honers to Jerry and Jane where there and they where. It looked a lot like this......

"In Loving Memory of Jerry Nelson and Jane Henson"
I actually thought they should've put it first before the credits rolled myself. But either way it was nice to see.

Beauregard

Reaction score
-One thing that I didn't like is how the other muppets couldn't figure out that Kermit wasn't Kermit and yet Walter, the newbie of the group, was picking up vibes that Kermit wasn't himself and wanted to investigate more. So characters like Piggy (the girlfriend), Fozzie (the best friend), Rowlf (the guy that's been around since the 1960's), Scooter (stage manager/second in command of the Muppet Show) couldn't put the pieces together and figure out Kermit wasn't Kermit???................It's like the characters took stupid pills. When Constantine acting as Kermit calls Fozzie Fonzie, Piggy Miss Pig, Scooter little boy with glasses, that doesn't strike everyone that Kermit isn't really the real deal?
We're talking about people who accepted that Kermit and Fozzie were identical twins. The whole joke is them not noticing!