Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

muppetlover123

Reaction score
To be honest I want to see either a stand alone tv movie or tv special for these characters: Constantine, Scooter, Rowlf, Fozzie, Piggy, Electric Mayhem, Link Hogthrob, Pigs In Space!

Now if we are going off of pairs getting their own they would be
Pepe and Rizzo
Bobo and Uncle Deadly
Johnny Fiama and Sal
*doubt it would happen but it could... Dominic and Constantine!
Bunsen and Beaker
Lew Zealand and Beaugaurd

DTF

Reaction score
An Electric Mayhem movie would be funnier now than years ago because of how music has changed. With all of the Youtube videos, the twitter wars the band could get into with each other and their fans, the Facebook pages, you could get a riotous movie that sort of pokes fun at modern culture, too.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Several things that bugged me with this film....I didn't feel like it was as great as other people are saying. Maybe I need to see it again sometime.

-One thing that I didn't like is how the other muppets couldn't figure out that Kermit wasn't Kermit and yet Walter, the newbie of the group, was picking up vibes that Kermit wasn't himself and wanted to investigate more. So characters like Piggy (the girlfriend), Fozzie (the best friend), Rowlf (the guy that's been around since the 1960's), Scooter (stage manager/second in command of the Muppet Show) couldn't put the pieces together and figure out Kermit wasn't Kermit???................It's like the characters took stupid pills. When Constantine acting as Kermit calls Fozzie Fonzie, Piggy Miss Pig, Scooter little boy with glasses, that doesn't strike everyone that Kermit isn't really the real deal?

-When Fozzie, Animal, and Walter leave after they found out that Constantine was acting as Kermit and when Constantine as Kermit tells the rest of the gang those three have left, no one wondered why Fozzie left since he's been with the group since the beginning. None of the other members of the Electric Mayhem seem to even care that Animal left either except Floyd. That's another thing I didn't like.

-The next thing I didn't like is there is not another song from the Electric Mayhem again........Why not write a song for all six members of the band and let all six members have lines for the song.....The last song that was sung by the band or a band member in a theatrical movie was in The Muppets Take Manhattan with Dr. Teeth singing "You can't take no for an answer". That was back in 1984.

-Back to the band again, Zoot didn't say anything again, and Lips said nothing......Really, can't these characters say something? Floyd and Animal got the most lines, while Dr. Teeth and Janice got a few lines here and there.

-Another gripe I had was the first thirty minutes or so had a lot of stuff going on. The pacing was just all over the place for the first thirty minutes before the movie found it's footing.

-The last thing is for the next film, if there is a next film, the movie shouldn't connect with this one or the last one. The first three muppet movies in the Jim Henson era were independent of each other. Make the next one an independent one that doesn't connect to the previous two.
Dude, I rully agree. As one of the biggest fans of the Electric Mayhem, I say ALL six members should've had their lines. Especially Lips and Zoot.

galagr

Reaction score
I think that, regardless of the next project (be it a television special, a movie, tv show, etc.), they should do something online involving more viral videos. The viral videos that popped up around 2009-2010 were huge hits on YouTube, the Bohemian Rhapsody one especially. Here's the vision I had in my head:

There would be a new video weekly, or maybe every other week. The videos would be based off of classic TMS sketches, such as Veterinarians Hospital, Pigs in Space, Bear on Patrol, etc. Seeing as there are four weeks per month, there would be four videos per month. The schedule would go a bit like this:

Week 1: Pigs in Space or the Swedish Chef

Week 2: At the Dance or Veterinarians Hospital

Week 3: Bear on Patrol or a stunt from Gonzo

Week 4: Wild Card Week. Anything could happen. It could be a new EM song, a Planet Koozebane sketch, a Muppet News Flash, anything.

Now naturally, it probably wouldn't work out that way, but I just put the most popular/remembered TMS sketches in weekly spots (except for Bear on Patrol. I, personally, love that sketch, but not many seem to remember it.) and added a little element of surprise to keep us on our toes. :smile:

What do you guys think?

dabauckham

Reaction score
Wow - I haven't posted here in forever, though I do lurk from time to time.

I've been following this thread pretty closely and enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts about the movie. I think it so refreshing to see people posting thoughts and being respectful even when not agreeing about something. Well done, MuppetCentral! That's Jim Henson's presence coming through loud and clear. It's great to see such a nice community of people interacting civilly (such a cyber-rarity these days)

I finally saw the movie with my 4-year-old daughter over the weekend. She really enjoyed it! I enjoyed it...somewhat. I thought that many of the songs were great (love Brett McKenzie), and Steve Whitmire was fabulous as Kermit! He's just...really come into his own with the character. I laughed a bit during the movie, but not as much as I'd have liked. But my main problem with the movie was it lacked the heart of the original movies or even the 2011 reboot.

I can't remember now who said this, but someone remarked that they forgot they were watching a muppet during the Constantine scenes (of which there were many). I have to concur - Constantine was in no way a muppet, because he was just too vile and selfish of a character. As others have said, that selfishness just spread too easily to the other characters. It was too front and central, held up by a pretty poor premise.

I just...felt like the movie was a bit mean-spirited. Sorry, I'm definitely in that camp, folks. I get that the movie could have been consciously exploring that theme, but the scripting wasn't strong enough for it to hold together. I just missed Kermit's presence through much of the movie, and while that may have been partly the point, it was odd to have a Kermit-like but really nothing-like-Kermit character in the limelight for so much of the movie.

The characters just didn't always seem true to themselves. I though Fozzie was off. Piggy was okay, but...she needed to realize what was going on with Constantine sooner. Why did it physically require both Kermits in front of her talking for her to recognize what was up? Seemed like sloppy writing - not true to the characters. It makes me a little worried that the Muppets will go back to becoming caricatures of themselves like they were in the late 90's and 00's. I really hope that doesn't happen.

I agree with heralde about the Gulag scenes being some of the best. Loved Tina Fey, the chain gang, Kermit. Unlike many of you, I felt like the Sam the Eagle and Ty Burrell scenes fell a bit flat. Perhaps this will change on subsequent viewings, I dunno.

On a positive note, the theater where I saw MMW was practically sold out! My daughter had to sit on my lap. This was a Sunday matinee, and mind you, the movie has been out for a while now. Still, I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been doing better in the box office.

One great bit, I loved - Stanley Tucci's cameo! That really got me guffawing! :smile:

dabauckham

Reaction score
One random question - there was one member of the Gulag who looked quite a bit like David Hasselhoff (to me anyway). But it wasn't though, right? Can anyone name the actor I'm referring to??

dabauckham

Reaction score
it's fine if you don't care about Kermit and Piggy and the state of their matrimony. Nobody's going to make you care or participate. But to say that it is of no importance to the public or the perception of the muppets is being willfully inaccurate. It has been (and will probably continue to be) one of the most talked about, speculated about parts of, um, muppetdom.

Ru
Yeah, it's pretty pivotal, I would say. Ruhanna, I just wanted to tell you that I've really enjoyed reading your thoughts about the movie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :smile:

dabauckham

Reaction score
I get you. I was a lot happier with TM2011 than with MMW. TM2011 didn't make me laugh too much but it was sweet and I appreciated the love and care that went into it. Especially after the previous films as you say.
I agree. I'm sorry that you were unable to enjoy MMW. I agree with a lot of the points you have made about it, though I think it may grow on me over time.