Whose Line Is It Anyway

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I am starting to become obsessed with this show now. Here is my favorite.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
They have a revival now that has the same cast except Drew Carey who is hosting The Price Is Right.

Schfifty

Reaction score
It's one of my favorite television shows of all time. No improvisational comedy show is funnier than Whose Line?. I've got about a dozen VHS tapes of Whose Line? episodes from its session on ABC Family, and I have not seen or recorded one episode that isn't funny.

Colin, Ryan, Wayne, Greg, Brad, et al. all have done a magnificent job on the show. Wayne especially does an outstanding job for his singing ability in the games, hence why Song Styles always features him. Colin and Ryan both stand out in particular, since they're like the Bert and Ernie of Whose Line?. They perform so well together, it's family comedy! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

The games are the highlight of the show, especially some of the more popular games like Scenes From a Hat, Party Quirks, and Hoedown, the latter of which is probably the most popular. An interesting fact is that despite Ryan Stiles absolutely hating the game and suffering to play it every time, he got to sit out only once, with Chip Esten taking his spot. SFAH is probably the most exciting, since all of the performing is based off of the audience's suggestions. And, if I recall correctly, SFAH was the most played game during Drew Carey's tenure.

(Rant time...) I haven't seen a lot of the newer episodes lately (only a handful that were uploaded on YouTube), but I am disappointed with their constant use of hashtags. I'm not a fan of hashtag usage on television, and the show displays HTs in practically every single game. I know it's to get ratings and to spread the word on Twitter to earn viewers, but frankly, it's too distracting. It's almost like every single game is some variant of "Party Quirks" or "Let's Make a Date", where little white text appears at the bottom of the screen. Could they just stop it and return to traditional television? This isn't social television. (end of rant)

There's also several Muppet references on the show. You'd find a handful of them in the game Props, and several Sesame Street references in SFAH and Film, TV & Theatre Styles. The show has it all...

And I won't stop watching. The spontaneity and variety never gets tiring, and the classic moments from the Drew era, and even the UK version, are always fun to watch. A big congratulations to Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson for creating the best improvisational comedy television show of all time!