Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I have decided I think it is an awful missed subtle gag that a member of the Electric Mayhem doesn't have the line 'How can I feel the high when I feel so low?'. My favorite EM jokes are the gentle jabs at rock and roll lifestyle.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have decided I think it is an awful missed subtle gag that a member of the Electric Mayhem doesn't have the line 'How can I feel the high when I feel so low?'. My favorite EM jokes are the gentle jabs at rock and roll lifestyle.

That was actually Rowlf's line.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another reason I love the song "The Big House", it reminds me of the song sung by Peggy Lee as Peg backed up by the rest of the dog pound inmates from Lady and The Tramp keeping that fabulous 50's doo-wah sound/vibe.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
It's been said that "I'll Get You What You Want" is a great disco style parody, and I agree to a degree, but I like it partly because it has these wonderful echoes of early-'80s pop songs - particularly Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and also the likes of Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and Culture Club. Bret McKenzie's demo version actually feels like it could have been a Top-40 hit (especially in the UK) if it had been released in 1982 or '83.

Also, while I'm glad Bret didn't go with his original concept (Constantine as Elvis and/or The Big Bopper and/or John Travolta in Grease), that demo actually has some comic value, especially Bret's uncontrollable faux-macho giggling at the end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say it's closer to light soul than disco. It kinda reminds me of Lou Rawls's "You'll Never Find" (or whatever that song's called). It has an inherent cheese to it, making it a tacky 1970's lounge number- only better.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Ever since I heard Scooter perform "Moves like Jagger," the song has grown on me. I'd love to buy the soundtrack just to hear more of that (if I didn't love the other songs).

Though, I have to say, I kinda like this one better...
I have to admit, that "God I Hope I get it" bit, I don't mind not having. It just wouldn't hold the same weight as it did in the film.
You should hear Sesame Street's versions: