Did Anyone Get Constantine Spoofing Annoying Cliches?

beaker

Reaction score
Unintentional, but I noticed Constantine's pronunciation of "Mah-ppets" is kinda the Japanese pronunciation, as they don't have a short U sound. Dunno why I felt it was worthy enough to bring up. Just wanted to point that out somehow.

There were projects that had a sliding scale of Muppetyness to them, I'll agree. This was just Muppet film top to bottom. I guess some fans were really turned off by the Idiot Plot... but I found it perfectly in Muppet style. At least in a Bullwinkle and Rocky sort of way. But the detail they put into this movie... somehow that doesn't get the appreciation it should.

Now that I think of it... there is one other little bit I find interesting. Constantine's videos were all of Jim Henson performances of Kermit. A sneaky little sub-reference to either A) trying to get Jim mentioned in the movie or B) the fact that Steve is a different Kermit performer anyway.
Yep. And they werent from netflix or dvd or blu ray but OLD vhs tapes on an old tv. The writers definitely get it. Also loved the Jerry Nelson announcer was back. Not sure if they used a loop of TMS or 2011 Nelson voice? Either way, a great loveletter to the classic cast. I mean Scooter sounds PERFECT to me. Who woulda ever thought? And I dont even notice Oz is missing tbh.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
2. The average person always getting the names wrong (I love the Muppets! Fonzie and Ralph from Sesame Street are my favorite! Oh and those two old guys)
:rolleyes: Big deals, H'okay?
Pepe was doing it before it was cool. Ritzo, Scooper, Kermin.