Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"I thought it was the end but no my friends lets just hope that they can do it all again!" Maybe not movie form but I'm still hoping for tv!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
"I thought it was the end but no my friends lets just hope that they can do it all again!" Maybe not movie form but I'm still hoping for tv!

Maybe they won't rush to another movie as fast as they did after the last one, but I have no doubt we'll be seeing another one soon, just probably shortly after they hit TV, and hopefully that will last for a while. We should see another movie in a few years.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
At this point and this has nothing to do with box office numbers I think I would be more excited to hear them back on TV rather then another movie.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
[from Ru]
(Hmmm…picturing Scooter in leather pants and a shredded t-shirt and finding the idea sort of funny…hahahaha!)
[ from Slackbot]
You're waving the red flag in front of the bull when you say things like that in a thread I read. You know that, don't you?
Of COURSE I know it, dearheart! I was COUNTING on it! Please post pictures!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I was reading tvtropes.org, and it just kinda mentions Muppet Ladder as a brick joke of sorts, but in all honesty, I'm surprised they didn't mention it being from The Great Muppet Caper. It just goes up instead of down.

Actually, now that I think about it, Badguy was dressed in black, like Nicky....

I miss Nicky ....

Piggy winning was VERY satisfying, however, even though this is the second cinematic ... no, I guess Long John was second ... time she falls in love with a villain (sort of).

Yorick

Reaction score
I love MMW, and I think it's a true return to form, in a way that the 2011 self titled film was not. I do thank JS for restarting the Muppets in theaters, however, and I give him the credit that is due! (And anyone else behind the scenes that has been overlooked!)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Kisses and Heroics: Some Thoughts

Um, I'd like to offer some alternative views about Kermit's behavior in the helicopter scene (from what I offered before). While I do think that he is brimming with testosterone and indignation--from having rescued his woman from another frog, during the viewing last time I saw something that I hadn't seen quite the same way before. First, however, I want to talk about how very heroic Kermit was in that scene.

When he sees Piggy in danger, he runs across the roof without any thought for his personal safety. He has already saved his friends--this is just about Piggy, and he is going to go frog-to-frog with Constantine to get her back. He already knows that Constantine is both capable of blowing things up and willing to blow things up, but it doesn't stop him from leading the charge. That frog has his woman, and he is going to stop him! When the helicopter lifts off, Kermit is undeterred. He jumps up (love those strong froggy legs!) and grabs hold of the helicopter, insisting to Constantine that he has him now and demanding that he give up. His complete confidence in his ability to beat Constantine is very thrilling, especially to the pig who loves him (and the writer of this post). When Constantine stomps on Kermit's hand (Ouch! Strong froggy legs, remember?) Kermit clings all the more tightly with the other hand, never giving ground or giving up. He uses the distraction/disruption caused by his friends and their muppet ladder to gain the cockpit, still without a weapon, only to be confronted with a pistol-wielding Constantine, yet he shows no fear.

I don't know what Kermit would have done if Piggy hadn't let loose and wailed on Constantine, but apparently having her wedding ruined, her engagement ring blown up, herself pignapped and the love of her life threatened was just too much! Kermit is spared the necessity of rushing Constantine, but only because Piggy beats him to the smack-down. When Constantine, in a fog of pain and endorphins, woozily declares, "What a woman!" Kermit does not hesitate to stake his claim. "Yeah--my woman!" He does this without looking to Piggy for confirmation--he already knows where they stand with each other.

As much as I loved their first wedding (the real one) and hoped this movie would give us another one (couples get remarried all the time), I'm convinced that what Kermit really wants is the chance to ask, marry and live happily ever after on terms that satisfy his sense of honor. I mentioned in an earlier post how much I liked Kermit's smug showmanship at the beginning of "We're Doing A Sequel," and I mentioned how much I treasured the delight on his face when he saw Fozzie and Walter and Animal backstage--come to rescue him at last. A proposal from Kermit would include both of those things--as well as a bended knee. I'd love to see it in a film, but I don't need to see it to see the state of things between them.

Now--on to the kiss.

In my previous post, I had commented on Kermit's cheeky comment, apologizing for ruining Piggy's wedding, and I do think he was feeling rather happy and smug about saving the day, but when he turns to Piggy and says, "I'm sorry I ruined your wedding," I'm pretty sure I detected a bit of insecurity there, a look into her blue eyes asking if she was upset that the Kermit in front of her wasn't the Kermit who had asked her to marry him. He waits for her answer, looking a little uncertain to me. Her warm answer and even warmer embrace seem to remove the last traces of uncertainty from his posture, and the kiss they share is mutual, both wanted and needed by frog and pig. He helps her off the plane, careful to keep her close.

Let me say again (and again): this is probably Steve's finest performance as Kermit. It is layered and nuanced, full of emotion but not maudlin, heroic without being cartoony. For all the things the writers didn't get about the muppets, they got this right: the Muppets need Kermit, and he is a wonderful leader, fully worthy of their respect. I loved Kermit's speech at the end of TM, when he is cheering his friends--his family--and reminding the that nothing matters as long as they are together. In this movie, however, Kermit shows them why he is worthy of the trust they place in him when the come back. He asks--no, demands that they give their very best, because he only wants the best they are capable of giving.

As with Piggy, there's a lot to love here.

When can we preorder the dvd?

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I have to say that I for one really, really, enjoyed the movie. The thing that I enjoyed most about it (and that certain superhero movies could take a hint from) is that it never forgot it was supposed to be FUN!

Constantine's dance was a little distracting, but I don't see it as a slap at old-fashioned puppetry, but rather as an updated version of what the performers used to do in TMS; dressing in black to hide themselves, and occasionally superimposing the resulting character footage onto another background (as in "Octopus' garden.")

Honestly, the only real problem I had with the movie was that there are so many other movies coming out that it was booted out of my local multiplex after a few weeks, and so I won't get to see it again until the DVD comes out. :frown: