Vintage "MUPPET" View-Master Reel scans! Amazing Iconic Images!

crazy chris

Reaction score
LOVE THEM!!! It's hard to beat those classic builds... the new ones look great but they will never look as good as the old grainy 70's photo and film versions... something about super HD that sorta takes away the magic of my childhood a bit...

cc

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Those are awesome! I had a bunch of those reels growing up.

I'm pretty sure it's not the actual puppets in the shots, but more likely posers that were shot at the Henson photo studio in New York (it's still there, but I believe the upper floors are now the offices of the Jim Henson Legacy).

I got a brief tour of the studio once and learned a bit of its history, which is really fascinating. They used to have a small team that build full sets, props and everything else for photos like these. They shot most of the Muppet product and promo photography, including images for things like Muppet Magazine and the Muppet calendars.

Those Viewmaster reels were probably done by John Barrett, who shot most of the Muppet photography in the 1980s/90s and who I think still does most of Sesame Street's photography.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I loved these, especially the picture of Dr. Teeth shoving Fozzie out of the way. Thank you for sharing.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Those are awesome! I had a bunch of those reels growing up.

I'm pretty sure it's not the actual puppets in the shots, but more likely posers that were shot at the Henson photo studio in New York (it's still there, but I believe the upper floors are now the offices of the Jim Henson Legacy).

I got a brief tour of the studio once and learned a bit of its history, which is really fascinating. They used to have a small team that build full sets, props and everything else for photos like these. They shot most of the Muppet product and promo photography, including images for things like Muppet Magazine and the Muppet calendars.

Those Viewmaster reels were probably done by John Barrett, who shot most of the Muppet photography in the 1980s/90s and who I think still does most of Sesame Street's photography.
I have a great rare Henson co brochure. It has a page about the Henson studio, it would have been amazing to visit!!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Muppet Fans!!! Here are some vintage Muppet View-Master Images. I captured these myself with a lamp and a macro zoom setting on my camera. It was pretty easy:smile: Some of these images are pretty iconic! Enjoy!!

CLICK HERE: VINTAGE MUPPET VIEW-MASTER IMAGES

These are amazing to see. Thanks for sharing. I have never seen the second or third set, beautiful classic images, Fozzie poser with a tache looks great!!anyone got the Fraggle Rock view master?? I used to have a Muppet one that played sound too??

Chris