Ideas for TMS Boxset Bonus Features

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Hi. I know we are waiting for Disney to release the last two seasons of TMS on DVD (be thankful the issue of the Star Wars episode in S4 is resolved!), let's brainstorm potential bonus feature ideas. Mind you, this also assumes that Disney will re-issue the first three seasons on Blu-Ray.

Season 1 (Blu-Ray reissue w/ deleted scenes restored)
The Muppet Crew Show--You've seen the Muppets put on their show, now see the behind-the-scenes crew do their own show!

Season 2 (Blu-Ray reissue)
Muppet Morsel Subtitle Tracks

Season 3 (Blu-Ray reissue)
The Muppets on 60 Minutes

Season 4
TBD

Season 5
Of Muppets and Men
Goodbye, Muppets!--See what it was like on the set of the Muppet Show's last day of shooting.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Commentaries by the (remaining) Muppet Performers would be wonderful - either on select episodes, or would all episodes be asking too much? :stick_out_tongue:

A nice, in-depth and quite long retrospective documentary would be great, too.

Commentaries and (in-depth) documentaries are the types of DVD/Blu ray extras I love the most and it would be fantastic to see more of these done for Muppet releases.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I put this in an April Fool's thread, but really I think these would be spectacular bonus features.
  • Muppet Classic Theater (dubbed as a special hour-long muppet show extravaganza)
  • Muppet Morsels
  • Skip to a Sketch Feature (find a favorite sketch like Pigs in Space and Vets Hospital and click on a certain one from an episode)
  • Remembering Jerry Nelson: A half-hour special honoring the legacy and talents of the man)
  • Last but not least this one special would make muppet fans run to the stores for it

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
There are a few unreleased Muppet specials that I would love to see included on the Season 4 and Season 5 DVD releases of The Muppet Show.

"The Muppets Go To The Movies" needs to be included- it basically feels like an extra episode of the show- I would put this one on the Season 4 release.

"Of Muppets and Men"- a great behind the scenes documentary that would be most fitting on the Season 5 release.

I think those two are musts! Beyond those, I'd love to see these included too: The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, The Muppets Go Hollywood, The Muppets at Walt Disney World, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years and John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Muppet Classic Theater" included as well, though that could get its own DVD release too. (And admittedly, some of the specials listed there would probably work better as a separate release- particularly the John Denver Christmas special- I just really want to get that on DVD somewhere somehow.:fanatic::smile:)

Also, I'd love to see a separate DVD release of the Muppetland specials- "Hey Cinderella", "The Frog Prince" and "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen". I think "The Tale of the Bunny Picnic" could be thrown in with this too and all four could be released in a DVD box set. (Apparently, "Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" is considered part of the "Tales from Muppetland" series too- I'd be fine with that in there too.)
And then they could even include really rare stuff like the "Tales of the Tinkerdee" and "The Land of Tinkerdee" pilots. :zany:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And "The Great Santa Claus Switch" while I'm dreaming.:batty::fishy::cluck:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Wishful thinking at its finest. Not a TMS set, but rather a Muppet specials set:

Volume 1:
- Hey Cinderella!
Bonus Feature: A radish.
- The Frog Prince
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Sweetums and Robin
- The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Brian Jay Jones

Volume 2:
- The Muppets Go Hollywood
Bonus Feature: Spot the guest star. See how many pointless cameos from this special you can catch in one minute or less
- A Christmas Together
Bonus Feature: Tribute to John Denver
- Of Muppets and Men
Bonus Feature: 60 Minutes spot

Volume 3:
- The Muppets Go to the Movies
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Dave Goelz, Steve Whimtire, Kathryn Mullen, and Louise Gold
- The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Frank Oz
- Rocky Mountain Holiday (uncut)

Volume 4:
- A Celebration of 30 Years
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Brian Jay Jones
- A Muppet Family Christmas (uncut)
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Kathryn Mullen, Karen Prell, and Caroll Spinney
- The Muppets at Walt Disney World
Bonus Feature: Outtakes

Volume 5:
- The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
Bonus Feature: Mini documentary on Jim Henson and Steve Whitmire
- Muppet*Vision 3D - A special version made specifically for DVD and Blu-ray viewing
Bonus Feature: Pre-show footage, again made specifically for DVD and Blu-ray viewing
- Muppet Classic Theater
Bonus Feature: Audio commentary by Bill Prady and Jim Lewis
(comes with 3D glasses for Muppet*Vision)

Volume 6: Shorts
- A collection of various Muppet shorts from over the years - Muppetisms, commercials, music videos, promos, etc.

Each volume features behind the scenes photos and (in the case of the first five) TV promos. A booklet talking about each special should also be included.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think this would be a really nice addition for a special feature

It may be a little short, but it's one heck of a good tribute for a video under 3 minutes.