Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I finally got to see the movie and I must say I liked it very much, more so than the last film. The last film played heavily on Amy and Jason with some good muppet moments, but mostly it was a Jason Segel movie featuring the muppets. That isn't to say I dont still like that movie. I do and at the time I adored it because for the first time in 12 years the muppets were on the big screen playing themselves in an original movie. But to me, MMW is a true muppet movie.

Somethings I noticed that other people seem to be complaining about.

1. People putting their fingers in their ears when Piggy sang in Madrid. It wasn't because she was singing badly, it's because she was singing the macarena. No one wants to hear anyone sing that song.

2. Piggy singing the macarena. Ive seen people say that they did this to make the muppets seem "hip" when it was the exact opposite. It was to show how bad the muppet show is without Kermit running things.

3. Dominic needing to buy tickets and reviews. The reason I say he did this is because the show was terrible. In Madrid they did over 3 hours! I'm sorry, but a 3 hour variety show which songs like macarena and a jam session that lasts hours is not going to get good reviews on it's own. Dominic needed a 3 hour plus show to break all the busts, but to fill the seats he needed to buy off the audience and the reviewers afterwards. Why didn't he want the muppets to rehearse? Because if they did, they might find out Kermit isn't Kermit of course!

4. The muppets not realizing Constantine was Kermit, including Piggy. Well for one, when a friend seems to act out of character you don't automatically think he's been replaced by an evil criminal mastermind...at least I don't. Also, when that same friend starts giving you everything you want, you kind of just go with it. Piggy was lost in the idea that Kermit finally was showing her he loves her openly. If someone you loved who didn't show it often was finally showing you all the attention you wanted you would just...well...go with it, at least for a while. The same holds true for the muppets. As for the fact Constantine's voice was obviously not Kermit, well that was kind of the joke...

5. The Celine Dion cameo. Yeah...I didn't get this one either. Perhaps it would have been better if I had not known about it previously and if it hadnt been alluded to at least twice. Also if I was a fan of her's I may have liked it better as well. In the last movie, the appearance of Jim Parsons was a huge surprise and I am a fan of his so I loved that. Do I feel it ruined the song? No, it was still rather good and heart felt. I loved the Lew sand the line about the happiest day of his life being sad. Earlier he was shocked you could leave the muppets (implying he wanted to) and then when he finally is he is hapy yet sad. I loved how that was set up.

Thats just my two cents. There was a lot I loved about the movie and many reasons I feel it was better than the last one. In fact I would put this movie in 3rd place of all time favorite muppet movies. TMM and GMC being a head of them. MTM use to be a favorite but it is also one of the most dated movies.
BRAVO TO THIS POST!!! I think you are exactly right!!!!

Regarding Celine Dione...I think she was Piggy's "fairy GodDiva" or something.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I appreciate al of your comments, but it is simply not true that they were never a couple before the last movie. As I keep sayong, I rember them. Look for the video where Johnny Mathis sings"Never Before" at a muppet anniversary show. It's awesome. Go back to Muppet Family Christmas. Those of you younger than me-which is ALL of you--go BACK to the beginning. Where do you think the whole idea of a frog/pig epic romance began? It didn't start after Jim died--the whole "We're NOT a couple thing became a HUGE thing when before it was just played as Kermit's reluctance and commitment-shy demeanor. From the moment she stepped out of the chorus, Piggy has always been Kermie's girl.

amen to that! Even on Larry King they discussed their relationship, and that was a while ago...1993

Johnny Mathis MUST watch it till the end:

Drtooth

Reaction score
1. People putting their fingers in their ears when Piggy sang in Madrid. It wasn't because she was singing badly, it's because she was singing the macarena. No one wants to hear anyone sing that song.

2. Piggy singing the macarena. Ive seen people say that they did this to make the muppets seem "hip" when it was the exact opposite. It was to show how bad the muppet show is without Kermit running things.
So... people actually didn't get the song was used ironically, especially since the audience in the film cringed at it?

I'm sure it's the same group that think the movie was a disappointment because Jason Segal wasn't in it. :rolleyes:

RealWonderman

Reaction score

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
amen to that! Even on Larry King they discussed their relationship, and that was a while ago...1993

Johnny Mathis MUST watch it till the end:
That's not the point...I never said they never discussed their relationship but up until then which is solid proof in that Larry King Live video that the back and fourth was still going on. My point is it's only been since the previous last film that the back and fourth of are they or aren't they together or the whole marriage debate has somewhat subsided.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I saw it (again) with my mother (first time seeing it) and my sister (second time seeing it) and we all loved it. So far, everyone who I saw it with absoloutley loves this film. The theater wasn't full, but to be honest, the only crowds we saw at the theater were seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

There's still so many jokes that make me crack up every time, like the "burglary" one, and the "the Lemur is going to steal the Tower of Lond-er, Crown Jewels!"

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I saw it (again) with my mother (first time seeing it) and my sister (second time seeing it) and we all loved it. So far, everyone who I saw it with absoloutley loves this film. The theater wasn't full, but to be honest, the only crowds we saw at the theater were seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

There's still so many jokes that make me crack up every time, like the "burglary" one, and the "the Lemur is going to steal the Tower of Lond-er, Crown Jewels!"

Those 2 jokes got me every (4) time too!!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disown my mother she said their creepy critters. :stick_out_tongue:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
So... people actually didn't
I'm sure it's the same group that think the movie was a disappointment because Jason Segal wasn't in it. :rolleyes:
Dr Tooth--has anyone HERE actually said that they didn't like the movie because Jason and Amy weren't in it? I have not seen anyone here say that. Many fans here have given cogent, articulate reasons for what they liked AND what they didn't. You don't have to demean or denigrate those who hold other opinions than you. CONVINCE us with the power of your argument. (And please stop rolling your eyes at those you disagree with.)