Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sequels occasionally stumble badly, even in a pop-culture landscape that gobbles up family-friendly CGI products. I'm still surprised that Happy Feet II flopped (and I say that as someone who didn't really warm up to the original).
Actually, it depends on the film. Most sequels manage to do better than the first one, especially in the case of bigger budget super hero movies. Some animated movies manage to get a larger take in their second (and sometimes third) outing.

I'm personally not surprised Happy Feet 2 flopped. It just didn't look interesting on any level, and The Muppets actually looked like a refreshingly low key film by comparison.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
wow really? thats crazy maybe its done and ready to sell soon like this month or next month lol?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I was going to but they had other movies with release dates out already so I assumed they didn't have it yet. I still think it'll be out the first half of June.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well Rio 2 has for sure rully gained a ROTTEN rating of 51% and a legitimate consensus of how it's not that good. Hopefully it doesn't make that much of an impact on MMW this upcoming weekend. Oh and here's the offical UK cover for the MMW blu-ray release, no release date as of now.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
For this Friday, MMW made an estimated $565,000 falling 62.9% from last Friday with direct competition from Rio 2. It has passed $44 million and for the full weekend MMW should make an estimated $2.2 million, but hopefully a little more.