That Puppet Game Show

Xerus

Reaction score
I just discovered this Jim Henson Productions from England called, That Puppet Game Show. A game show where puppets are the hosts and celebrities compete in crazy games to win money for charity. And it even features backstage chaos just like the old Muppet Show. Here's the first episode. I sure wish this aired in the States. I'd love to see more episodes.

Xerus

Reaction score
DAVE CHAMPAN: Dougie, Eddie, and Dad
COLLEEN SMITH: Mancie
LOUISE GOLD: Amber, Miss Taptackle, and Mum
VICTOR YERRID: Jake, Clyde, and Monkey
NIGEL PLASKITT: Udders McGhee and Fenton Tortoise
BRIAN HENSON: The Amazing Ian, Dr. Strabismus, and Mouse
And various puppeteers as Hot Dogs.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Yeah this show was quite good but it was axed because of low viewing numbers :frown:

Xerus

Reaction score
Here are some more games That Puppet Game Show features.

Xerus

Reaction score
I noticed this show has some of the familiar elements of the old Muppet Show. The singing hot dogs are like Marvin Suggs's Muppaphones, the funny sounding birds in the trees were like that skit in Muppets Sex and Violence. And Udders McGhee is like their version of J.P. Grouse.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sadly, as much as I loved it, the show was cancelled. No new episodes will be made. Sorry about that.

Chopped Liver

Reaction score
I hate that it was cancelled. I loved those games that they had contestants play; so clever! My favorite one is Nosey Neighbour.

Xerus

Reaction score
I really hope they put this series on DVD someday. I only found one episode so far.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I really hope they put this series on DVD someday. I only found one episode so far.
Me too. I saw all the episodes and some of them twice (watched to repeat). I'd love to see it again.
I think my favourite skits sort of have to be Punch Yer Lights Out and Life's A Speech. - I loved the way Miss Taptackle yelled "and remeber it's for charity". and for ages I couldn't work out what it was about Amber she reminded me of other characters, eventually I figured it out, vocally and manner or speech, she seems to be a cross between Lorelei Lee in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and Gussie Carnigie in Merrily We Roll Along.
That said I also enjoyed Saucie Song. Oh and That Puppet Endgame.